Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,698,094 times

Advertisements

So we all love our dogs, obviously, but other than being perfectly adorable, what else makes us love them so darn much?

What kind of dog do you have and what are his or her quirks that you just couldn't live without? What sets him or her apart from everyone else's dog(s)? We're all bias and that's okay! I want to hear why everyone eats their poochies up with a spoon!

We've got a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Dooley and here is what I absolutely LOVE about him:

1. He stretches on command! All I have to say is "stretchies" and he throws his front legs out in front of him, toes spread, big butt in the air and then bellows really low like it just feels so good. I can't even get enough of it and he does it all the time!

2. He antagonizes me until I give in and play hide-n-seek. He'll whine and carry on until I go find a place, then he comes and tries to find me. Of course, his nose is far superior to mine and he always does. He loves it.

3. His favorite sport is soccer. Every single time I let him out in the backyard, he bolts for his ball, carrying it a few feet, then drops it and stands behind it as if posing for an athlete photo-op. If I head toward him, he runs to the back of the yard and crouches down just WAITING for me to kick it so he can block it. He's the goalie!

He has so many other great traits that I could go on for pages. Tell me some of yours!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,050 times
Every morning when I take Frisco, my 7 month old Choc. Lab, down to the beach, she has to get a stick or something to bring back with her before we can come back to the house! Funniest thing! So many other funny and cute stories but that is one thing that she does that I thought of right away.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Every morning when I take Frisco, my 7 month old Choc. Lab, down to the beach, she has to get a stick or something to bring back with her before we can come back to the house! Funniest thing! So many other funny and cute stories but that is one thing that she does that I thought of right away.
I love that - her beach excursion souvenirs!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:00 PM

192 posts, read 617,794 times
My dog carries her food bowl, or any bowl that happens to be within her reach, around in her mouth, when she wants me to fill it up....and most of the time, she has the bowl flipped over her entire face so that all you see is a dog following behind you, with a bowl for a head. haha.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
1.My Bulldog sleeps on his back, tongue hanging out, and nothing can wake him. I can drag him across the floor and he'll sleep right through it.

2.He seems to gravitate towards people more than dogs, and when we go to the dog park and someone kneels down to call their dog, mine beats their dog and gets to the person to be pet. He also will sit as close as he possibly can, usually on top of someone's shoes, and look up and grunt until they bend down and pet him.

3. He has a giant basket full of toys and will grab them one by one and dump them on the floor til he finds the one he wants. Once he does, he puts most of the other ones back in the basket. He's been doing that since he was a puppy, almost like he's cleaning up the mess! He likes to have all his toys in a pile and before the toy basket, he'd put them all in a corner.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey86 View Post
My dog carries her food bowl, or any bowl that happens to be within her reach, around in her mouth, when she wants me to fill it up....and most of the time, she has the bowl flipped over her entire face so that all you see is a dog following behind you, with a bowl for a head. haha.
LoL, super cute!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
1.My Bulldog sleeps on his back, tongue hanging out, and nothing can wake him. I can drag him across the floor and he'll sleep right through it.

2.He seems to gravitate towards people more than dogs, and when we go to the dog park and someone kneels down to call their dog, mine beats their dog and gets to the person to be pet. He also will sit as close as he possibly can, usually on top of someone's shoes, and look up and grunt until they bend down and pet him.

3. He has a giant basket full of toys and will grab them one by one and dump them on the floor til he finds the one he wants. Once he does, he puts most of the other ones back in the basket. He's been doing that since he was a puppy, almost like he's cleaning up the mess! He likes to have all his toys in a pile and before the toy basket, he'd put them all in a corner.
Dooley is a person-dog, too - he's not too crazy about other dogs. He just wants loves all around and he doesn't care who he gets it from. He's a total attention hogger.

Our dogs might be relatives because Dooley takes all of his toys out, too, only we get to put them back. I get home from work every day to toys ALL OVER THE HOUSE! It makes me wonder what that little devil does all day. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

I love it.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
Dooley is a person-dog, too - he's not too crazy about other dogs. He just wants loves all around and he doesn't care who he gets it from. He's a total attention hogger.

Our dogs might be relatives because Dooley takes all of his toys out, too, only we get to put them back. I get home from work every day to toys ALL OVER THE HOUSE! It makes me wonder what that little devil does all day. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

I love it.
I think it's time to invest in some web cams!! And of course when you do, post the footage on here!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
It will have to be what my dog did, since we lost her a couple of months ago. Goldie would see the reflection of my watch in the sun, and would bark and try to catch it. This could go on forever. I think she knew it was a game and when I sat in a certain chair on the patio, she would look expectantly. She also enjoyed the flashlight game and go in circles till she dropped.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:22 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
bailey LOVES to ride in the car with me.... doesn't matter if its errands around town or a road trip..... she has been to and through 8 states in the last 3 years or so...... when we are going too fast for her to hang her head out the window, she sits in the seat like a little person, just looking out the front or side windows..... people we pass never fail to smile or laugh when they see her.....dave, he and i are still learning each other some.... he is a gentle, laid back boy.... but when he does get wound up, he runs in some CRAZY FAST circles..... in the house, in the yard, in the house AND the yard..... he also will jump STRAIGHT UP from a stand still .... like he's got pogo sticks or springs in his legs.... looks like a cat when he does this....

bailey on our way to omaha for thanksgiving last year:

Last edited by latetotheparty; 10-23-2009 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs