U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 PM

1,345 posts, read 3,222,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Yup, that's my little guy! Au naturel, that's how he rolls. I tried putting a hallo and wings on him once - he just stood still and glared at me. I tried to get a Christman pic of him, but it didn't turn out too well. He kept falling down when I tried to get him to sit up.

Little Dolphin - I think Halloween or Christmas costumes are cute. But I'd never pay 30 or 40 dollars for a costume, whether he loved wearing it or not.

Maybe as you say, it's an easy-to-accomplish bright spot in our dismal economy. If the pets don't mind, I don't see the harm. But as an everyday thing? That seems very odd to me.
LoL! Awww, poor little guy just fallin' all over the place!! Well, at least you tried! If Dooley didn't like it, I certainly wouldn't make him, but fortunately he likes the simple things in life. No froo froos here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 01:37 AM

25,107 posts, read 35,134,370 times
We have an 8+ yo standard Dachshund. And boy do we dress him up!

When he was about 1 yo, there was an Easter Parade - and he got his first costume - a "Hot Dog" bun.

Just yesterday, we got him his Halloween costume - the "Great Pumpkin" and he looks adorable in it.

He has his Santa outfit, his Burberry trench coat with matching booties and scarf.

He has a Tuxedo

There are the assortment of sweaters and coats - the latest sweater has a "hoodie"

He rides on my motorcycle with me - so there is his Harley Davidson outfit - complete with goggles and helmet.

When we travel, he has his own suitcase

And the best part is - he seems to love it.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:54 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Do the pets like it??
My dogs would hate being dressed up! They always try to chew off anything that's not normal like bandages and bandanas! They go crazy until they get things off of them!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:30 AM

5,357 posts, read 9,825,022 times
That's such a great visual--a dog that travels with its own suitcase of outfits.

Pictures anyone??

Old 10-24-2009, 10:45 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,774,074 times
suspect i am going to have to get dave some sort of sweater or jacket for winter ..... he is still SO lean.... and just has the single coat of fur, as opposed to bailey's double coat......

Old 10-24-2009, 01:46 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
...Halloween costume - the "Great Pumpkin" ...
his Santa outfit, his Burberry trench coat with matching booties and scarf...a Tuxedo...the latest sweater has a "hoodie"
...his Harley Davidson outfit - complete with goggles and helmet...his own suitcase
This is all too cute to stand! Where are the pics?????? Pittie Bumblebees, rock-star jackets, bomber jackets, crowns & scepters....don't toy with us! Maybe we could have a thread of adorably outfitted pets?!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:48 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
LoL! Awww, poor little guy just fallin' all over the place!! Well, at least you tried! If Dooley didn't like it, I certainly wouldn't make him, but fortunately he likes the simple things in life. No froo froos here.
A minor correction, Nickman, it was more like he kept throwing himself down on the ground. I wouldn't mind dressing him up for Holidays, but he would not be a happy camper. So, I enjoy the pet-fashionistas vicariously ~

Old 10-24-2009, 02:00 PM

548 posts, read 1,323,514 times
Those are some stylin' dogs you all have! Pics, please!

My dogs HATE anything on them. For Halloween, I try to get them to wear a Superman cape or a tutu or some accessory from my kids' dress up clothes. They won't wear them for even a minute so I can take a picture. They are tortured with reindeer antlers and bunny ears during Christmas and Easter as well. Poor dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or