U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 02:58 PM

691 posts, read 2,070,494 times

Advertisements

I see alot of stray dogs in Miami, usually it is during the day, when I am working, otherwise I would stop and try to catch the dog to be rescued. I wonder if the large amount of stray animals is due to the economy, like people can't take care of their animals, so they just let them go? Or is it dumping dogs due to moving? I don't understand that at all. I have moved my animals across the country, relocated with them. And, it gives my daughter good values, to see that we take care of our pets. Pets in our family are around for 15-20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,421,535 times
I live in the country. Dropping unwanted dogs off seems to be the prefered method of pet disposal. I wonder what these idiots are thinking.
Oh look honey a farm. Spike will be so much happier there and all farmers need more dogs and cats right?
The reality of what happens especially to smaller dog breeds and to cats is that they become dinner for coyotes. That or starve to death.
This has been happening since I was a kid on the farm. Its not due to the economy, its due to idiots thinking they can deal with the responsibility of owning a pet.
They give their pet the minimum attention to keep it alive and wonder why it isn't as well behaved as Lassie.
I have found more homes for these unwanted fellows than I can count and I hate to point fingers but I am betting its city folks not those who live in the area doing the misdeeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or