U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 11:33 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,270,917 times

Advertisements

Congratulations on Uggi. *Big smile* I watched the program this evening. I am really impressed with Tia...she is extremely careful and diligent about making sure the adoptees will do well in their new homes. And of course, it sometimes means it takes a longer time to get one adopted.

I've watched the program twice. And both times one of Tia's helpers hadn't shown up either on time or for several days. That poor woman needs a few people she can count on.

You can access Villalobos site from the very first link that PBMommie posted. [wrong ] You brag all you want about Uggi...he deserves it! Pictures, please?

Hey, you guys are pirates! Hope you don't mind....

Villalobos Rescue Center (http://www.vrcpitbull.com/dogs/alumni/uggie.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 11:50 PM

28 posts, read 178,919 times
Oops, sorry. Wasn't a bad post, just not really about the show. :-)

Last edited by KanoasDestiny; 11-14-2009 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: Decided to delete. :-)

Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 AM

19,822 posts, read 55,970,721 times
Folks, the topic of this thread is the show. Please read the sticky on this forum about topics not allowed as "hot" topics.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:33 AM

6,475 posts, read 9,923,267 times
I'm so happy to see this thread. I was only able to watch the first episode, as I was forced to downgrade my satellite package after that. I've heard many good things about Villalobos, and I was very excited to see them get this show. I certainly hope the exposure they are receiving will help to step up support and adoptions, not to mention to help people see that the PB can be a wonderful pet.

I hope there will be further discussions with each episode since I can't see them myself.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 AM

9,354 posts, read 16,827,643 times
could you watch them on your 'puter after they air?? maybe check the channel's website........

p.s. ... just took the pit bull myths quiz and the only one i missed was the question about the first war dog.....

fun quiz......

Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 AM

4 posts, read 26,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
could you watch them on your 'puter after they air?? maybe check the channel's website........

p.s. ... just took the pit bull myths quiz and the only one i missed was the question about the first war dog.....

fun quiz......
Unfortunately the episodes are not available online, yet. Although I am hoping that they will be sson, either via animalplanet.com or on some other site such as hulu.com

Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,404 times
i love the show but they been giving nothing but reruns

Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,897 times
i love your show but i have a question i have a beautiful pit he is 4 and i cant have him anymore where i live i dont want to have to give him away or put him down so what can i do?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:04 AM

7,422 posts, read 13,708,350 times
hi kbswifey, this is not the website of pitbulls & parolees, it's just a message board where people are talking about the show.

that being said, it depends on why you can't have the dog. if it's a landlord issue, move somewhere else or see if you can talk to your landlord about getting liability insurance that covers him or her if the dog can stay, and/or getting some kind of behavior certification for the dog. if it's because of a breed ban in your town or county, see if there's a grandfather clause. if not, you're going to have to move somewhere where there's not a breed ban if you want to keep the dog. if it is a breed ban, you can and should work against it, but in the meantime if you stay in the area you risk losing your dog.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:08 AM

4,130 posts, read 13,303,291 times
Rehoming older pits is not easy. Not sure why you can't keep him after 4 years, can you move somewhere where you can have him? How's his personality, is he friendly w/ people, kids, other animals (cats/dogs), what training has he had, is he neutered and current on shots? You didnt give your location but would really try to keep him (otherwise you'll have to give him away or put him down).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs