U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 AM

1,253 posts, read 3,038,959 times

Advertisements

My favorite pit was Creature. Everyone would talk about how ugle he was, ugly was not the right word. Creature was different and very handsome! I was always drawn to him. Last season, he was adopted even after finding out he was losing his sight. I wept the entire episode. (Happy tears!!!)

Love the show and respect what Tia is and has done for so many Pitties!!!

Btw, I think Mondo is taking care of Pitties back in CA at one of her properties (if not mistaken...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 AM

16,017 posts, read 19,661,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvABull.Denver View Post
My favorite pit was Creature. Everyone would talk about how ugle he was, ugly was not the right word. Creature was different and very handsome! I was always drawn to him. Last season, he was adopted even after finding out he was losing his sight. I wept the entire episode. (Happy tears!!!)

Love the show and respect what Tia is and has done for so many Pitties!!!

Btw, I think Mondo is taking care of Pitties back in CA at one of her properties (if not mistaken...)
Thanks so much for sharing this. My favorite, although it is hard because I have so many favorite shows...Is where that young parolee told Tia he was "confident" that his dog was ready to be adopted last season....And Tia was like...Oh..Confident.....Wow...She helps these young people to feel like they can do great things....it is so heartwarming...Life is so hard for someone who has made a mistake. God Bless her.
Also, I'd love an update show...Anyone else. I want to know how that pitt adopted by that Native American boxer did, who had lost his little brother .....are things going ok for the family...the dog....Anyone else have favorites they'd like updated?? Maybe someone will see this and plan an update show.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,751,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
My husband and I saw the commercials for this show and couldn't wait for it to start! I am so excited that they have done a show like this, I really think this will help people understand these wonderful dogs a lot better! I also think it's wonderful that this show is on Animal Planet because most people get that channel. If it were on something like National Geographic, for example, I don't think as many people would get to see it. I'm just really excited and I can't wait for the next episode!
Also, as some of you know, my husband and I are HUGE "pit bull" lovers! And we have decided that in 6 months or so we will to start looking for our new fur-baby. We were torn between buying from a reputable breeder and rescuing (have have done both before). Because we want an actual American Pit Bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier. We don't want a mixed breed or a dog that the shelter just thinks is a "pit bull", simply because we want a well bred APBT or AmStaff so that we really have a "pit bull", so that we can properly train, socialize and care for him/her and he/she can be an ambassador for their breed. It is very important to us to do all we can to help people to learn the truth about these wonderful dogs, and we feel that owning a well trained and socialized, friendly, obedient, happy, healthy "pit bull" is definitely one of the very best ways to do that! Anyway, just by watching the first episode of this show, we have decided that we are definitely, without a doubt, going to rescue. In fact, when it's time for us to start looking, we want to check out the rescue group/organization on this show! So yeah, I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this show? And if you have, what do you think about it?
Here's the website, and if you haven't seen the show they have a video preview of it...
Pit Bulls and Parolees : TV : Animal PlanetOh, also, they have a "pit bull" myth quiz. Pit Bull Myths Quiz : Pit Bulls and Parolees : Animal Planet It's short, only 10 pretty simple questions (IMHO anyway. They are mostly all things that have been brought up on CD at one point or another). I just took it, I got them all right and it told me.. "Excellent! You really know your Pits!" Yay! I think that's a great thing to have on their website as well! I'm just so happy about all of this! I think it's a great thing!
I caught part of the Pitbull Mommie show and it warmed my heart. We have a rescued Pitbull and I would have it no other way. She is my heart. Her name is Alice. I had no intentions of adopting a Pit and was looking for a black lab. I was leaning against this nasty wire cage at this shelter in Hartford and there she was looking up at me, all skinny, dirty and sad but wagging her tail. I asked to walk her and talked to the Canine Officer as we were walking. Apparently someone had left her tied to a dumpster where she had delivered a litter of pups. They took her pups from her and left her behind to starve. She probably weighed 24 lbs when we first met her. I told the Canine Officer to put our name on her cage, gave her the required fee of $50.00 to take the dog and the rest was history. We had a hard time getting her healthy..a real battle with kennel cough and getting her weight up but she is now a healthy 50 lbs, shiny and a great dog.

What folks don't know about Pits is that they are happy dogs, like kids, love you if you love them, they are clowns and will make you laugh any chance they get and they are one of the smartest, strongest most loyal breeds out there. Ours has NEVER ruined furniture, peed on the floor or bitten anyone. She doesn't bark unless she wants a cookie or wants to go out. Not much for being a watch dog that is for sure.

Our Pit is an American Pit Bull Terrier..doesn't have the larger head like the AMStaff does. However, don't mistake her breed because she has the muscled up body and the BIG alligator mouth just the same..she is just a little bit "prettier" than the AMStaff.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 AM

16,017 posts, read 19,661,658 times
Pammyd ...Wonderful...Keep watching "Pitt Bulls and Parolees" it will warm your heart each and every show. Tia and her family are wonderful examples of caring people. We should all be as caring. Thanks for sharing your sweet rescue story.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM

16,584 posts, read 33,749,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
they are happy dogs, like kids, love you if you love them, they are clowns and will make you laugh any chance they get and they are one of the smartest, strongest most loyal breeds out there. Ours has NEVER ruined furniture, peed on the floor or bitten anyone. She doesn't bark unless she wants... to go out.

Not much for being a watch dog that is for sure.
You just described Nanners. I'm am 100% sold on the breed and will share my house with them for the rest of my life.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 AM

748 posts, read 1,044,799 times
I love my Pit Fur Babies. I have not seen the show since they moved to New Orleans. California gave her nothing but troubles. She has a great heart, helping those creatures that need help and understanding from society.

Most important, they need a second chance, sometimes a third. Society has wronged this breed, it's so undeserved.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 AM

297 posts, read 418,795 times
I love this show! I am so glad another season has started. New Orleans looks like the place for this rescue and the people there are very welcoming so far.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 PM

810 posts, read 1,542,760 times
That's such a sweet story pammy. My rescue is the opposite I wanted a pit but once I saw boots face (she's a lab and I'm not sure what else lol) I fell in love with boots, when the time is right for our family well get a 3rd dog - hopefully a pit ;-)

Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,070,664 times
I have watched two shows of the new seasons, in New Oeleans. What kind of concerns me is that most of the dogs are being kept in a large warehouse. She commented on this way they would be out of the elements, which is true, but how good is that having them live out their lives in a building and not outside so they can watch the world go by?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 AM

6,475 posts, read 9,921,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I have watched two shows of the new seasons, in New Oeleans. What kind of concerns me is that most of the dogs are being kept in a large warehouse. She commented on this way they would be out of the elements, which is true, but how good is that having them live out their lives in a building and not outside so they can watch the world go by?
Well, we don't know if that's true. I'm inclined to think they do get outside time somewhere on the premises. Still too early in the season to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs