U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 AM

9,355 posts, read 16,839,068 times

Advertisements

yesterday was dave's first birthday........

FINALLY..... we have some clear weather.... October here was the wettest on record.... think we had 12 inches of rain ..... a LOT of which came in the last week or 10 days.....

dogs have been losing their minds from boredom..... i am still not able to really walk them after 3-1/2 weeks..... dave turned into destructo dog friday..... casualties include a magazine, my down comforter, a cheapo comforter, the trash can in my bathroom and my cleaning cloths..... **sigh**

got them to the little dog park in arnold saturday and HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY, the good dog park 50 miles away was FINALLY reopened yesterday..... pictures below are from there.......

kicking those legs to make BIG splashies:

with bailey and another boy who loved to play chase:

with bailey, still his favorite playmate: (and he is hers too.....)

WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

tried to get some of him running on land, but they all ended up either headless or just butt pictures.....

i have been up for an hour, and both dogs are STILL conked out on the bed...... mission accomplished.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 AM

16,670 posts, read 26,752,444 times
Happy Birthday, Dashing Dave, you handsome man!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:15 AM

10,091 posts, read 36,875,655 times
Those pictures reek of pure happiness! Looks like they had a blast!
Happy Birthday Dave, you great big gorgeous hunk of a guy!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,397,459 times
Happy Birthday Dave!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 AM

298 posts, read 896,376 times
Happy Birthday Dave! Glad you had a fun birthday.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 AM

2,406 posts, read 5,368,724 times
HAPPY HOWLING BIRTHDAY DAVEY BOY
Looks like you had a blast at the water park with your buds.

LTTP...
Our dogs went ape they were so bored with all our rain. I think we had more rain than you We had 15" in Oct.
Our 8yr. old girl Rotty won't go out when it's raining. She hates to get rained on...Baths don't bother her, but rain & snow is a whole other story. I had all I could do to get her out to do her business. Talk about crossing all 4 legs. No accidents, but she really hated all the rain we received.
WTH...Mother Nature better get her act together, or the dogs are going to chase her as far as they can.
Just be glad all our rain wasn't snow.................................:ee k:

Hello sunshine...it is beautiful outside...

Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,139,906 times
Happy Birthday.... It looks like it was a great party.... My dog loves swimming in the lake. All you would see is a head in the water.... She is an Australian Shepherd.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:49 PM

i can get dave in the yard when it is pouring rain .... but not miss priss bailey..... she will stand on the deck and squint up at me and tell me "NO WAY am i going down there and getting mud on my paws...." .... this from the dog that TEARS through the woods in arnold park and comes out COATED in mud from her belly to her toes...... i know that when she does finally go in to the yard, that she is TRULY about to burst.......dave and bailey both will go into the water up to about their bellies and run and splash around.... would LOVE to get them both swimming, but suspect that THAT will require throwing treats into the water for them to chase..... and treats are NOT adviseable in the dog park.......thanks for all y'all's good wishes.... he had a great birthday.....

Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,139,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i can get dave in the yard when it is pouring rain .... but not miss priss bailey..... she will stand on the deck and squint up at me and tell me "NO WAY am i going down there and getting mud on my paws...." .... this from the dog that TEARS through the woods in arnold park and comes out COATED in mud from her belly to her toes...... i know that when she does finally go in to the yard, that she is TRULY about to burst.......dave and bailey both will go into the water up to about their bellies and run and splash around.... would LOVE to get them both swimming, but suspect that THAT will require throwing treats into the water for them to chase..... and treats are NOT adviseable in the dog park.......thanks for all y'all's good wishes.... he had a great birthday.....
Have yah tried a floating ball or buoy.... or a stick does the trick

Old 11-03-2009, 02:37 PM

neither cares much for balls.... bailey in particular..... don't think dave would chase a stick in past his belly.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or