U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM

5,244 posts, read 14,018,762 times

Advertisements

Was just going to continue on the other thread and decided since there'd been questions about the new ones, I'd start a thread of their own.

Picked the four new fosters up this morning. Brought them home and they blended in with my pack like they'd always been here. Incredibly social and outgoing and so happy to have room to run!

Star seemed to get some attention so she's first. She's already spayed and UTD on vaccs, so that's a big bonus for me financially for sure! She's a year old and is very bonded to her mommy. Apparently she was picked up with her mom and her mom was quite preggers with another litter that she had while at the last lady's home.

Mom is a good mom and wouldn't leave her babies even to eat, so Star would stand over the puppies to relieve mom so she could get something to eat and drink. Super sweet girl.

Unbelievably friendly and loves affection. She and her mom both have super soft fur. Not quite medium length but not quite short either. Like maybe the fur on the back of a shepherd. Enough to run your fingers through.

She and her mom are about 40 pounds or so, much bigger than I thought when I saw the photos. Mom (Trixie) is guessed to be about 3 years old.

Honey is a small corgi mix, maybe 20 pounds. Again super sweet girl. Her little boy is KJ and he's about 22 weeks old. I think he's a bassett mix too. They're definitely Heinz 57 dogs, that's for sure. Very sweet though. KJ hasn't come back in the house yet, still out back playing with Randy the pit puppy that's about his age. They're a funny looking pair, Randy all tall and lanky and KJ so short and smooshed looking! LOL Honey is very laid back and affectionate. She'd be good for an older or less active person or to use as a therapy dog. She's got a quiet calm about her!

So, photos!!
From left to right:
KJ far left almost totally out of the photo with his mom Honey by him. Copper (daughter's chi mix) and Angus (hubby's chi / terrier mix) are beside her with Cooper in front. Next in front is Duval a rat terrier and then Liza the momma pittie, behind her is her son Randy the brindle and white pittie. In front Lucky, the doxie foster. And behind the fence is the deceased neighbors dog, Twister that we're trying to get to adopt so we can have him neutered. He spends his time here anyway and we're the ones taking care of and feeding him. He's friends with the dogs I have on the other side of the house. We'll see . . . . .

In this photo Liza the momma pittie, KJ, Star, Trixie, Angus, Copper, Randy and Honey.

The mommies! Liza, Honey and Trixie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:36 PM

3,852 posts, read 8,279,368 times
Holy crap, this makes me want to get another dog NOW!!! They're all so CUTE!!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM

519 posts, read 1,221,894 times
Bless your heart for all you do, someone mentioned on the other post that you will have a special place in heaven, I so agree...And also agree that if there aren't animals there I wouldn't want to go either. lol. Since finding this forum, it is in my heart that mabye soon we will adopt a dog, we just have to figure out where if we are moving first.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 PM

3,582 posts, read 5,738,492 times
You are doing such wonderful work!!! Thanks for sharing the photos, all the dogs are lovely and I hope you are able to find great homes for your fosters

I admire you for what you are willing to take on... What you are doing takes a HUGE commitment and I really hope you are recognized and appreciated for all that you are doing.

Definately not an easy job but I would imagine very well worth it!!!

Thank you for all that you are doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or