Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,747 times

Advertisements

This is a very informative (and sad) article but hopefully we can get anyone who is not tolerant of dogs who bark to understand MORE why they do. Here is how I found this article. I live in this neighborhood where as the dog barks all the time. I woke up in the middle of the night with my window open (I opened it on a cool night) to hear the dog still barking at 3am. My heart broke for the little (or big I don't know) pooch. So I got on the internet to look up what causes a dog to bark non-stop, I have been worried about this dog cause the dog has been barking a lot (non-stop for hours) and I suspected that something is not right with the poochie, that is why I looked up this info. I found this wonderful article but sad about why a dog barks non-stop like my little "neighbor poochie".
Sadly some people have a low-tolerance to a dog(s) barking and I think that they should "put their self in the dog's shoes" next time they start griping about them barking. This is why I think that this article is a great one cause it shows that dogs (animals) DO have feelings!!! Please read, you will find this to be very helpful and hopefully WILL educate those who are mean to dogs for their barking! Here is the article:
Does Your Dog Have a Barking Problem? Ask Your Neighbor, They Will Tell You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
That's a great article and a must read for all dog owners.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:50 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Some great advice there.

Now if we could just tame leaves and things that blow around lol...well think about it....

Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 PM

519 posts, read 1,377,434 times
ditto.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 PM

87 posts, read 261,358 times
I'm tolerant of dogs - I own one! However, there is never an excuse for any dog owner to throw Spot in the backyard and allow him to bark for hours on end, night after night after night. In my neighborhood, there is a specific ordinance against this and believe you me, I WILL call the police if your dog makes it impossible for me to sleep -- and I don't care WHY he's barking. Take care of your dog! I take care of mine -- he's in the house with me at night. Why isn't yours???

Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 AM

4 posts, read 31,833 times
check out articles on dog and pet training and their behaviors at [URL="http://www.articleshive.com/Pets-articles"]Pets - Find Pets Related Articles on - ArticlesHive.com[/URL]

Old 12-22-2009, 04:48 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
The premise of this article is that constant barkers have sepearation anxiety. That may be true for some dogs but NOT for all dogs. Here are her statements and my response for my own dog. [and no I don't leave her outside letting her bark and yes I use a bark collar for longer periods]

Everyone can be an "expert" on the internet...............Here is is quote and my response.

Countless barkers are simply having separation anxiety. The signs of separation anxiety in a dog can include these symptoms:
  • Your inside dog is your shadow. She follows you from room to room and doesn’t seem to have “interests” that do not include you. No, her interest is in finding the most comfortable place. Outside her interest is clearing the yard of all creatures fur and fowl and bug.
  • Your inside or outside dog is aware when you are preparing to leave–and she becomes mournful or agitated. She may also do things for your attention and act excited in an attempt to get you to take her along. No
  • Your inside or outside dog barks nonstop when you are away. (You can have a neighbor monitor your dog’s behavior or set up a video or tape recorder.) Not at all if she is inside the house
  • Your dog greets you with much enthusiasm, jumping . . . or even a weak bladder. No, she is pretty aloof. I never made a big deal of coming home because that is one way to create problems.
  • Inside dogs do not like being placed outside and will stand at the door and bark to get back inside. No she runs around barking at things.
  • Outside dogs will bark nonstop when you are away from home. They will also bark when you are indoors and they do not see you. No she never barks inside unless she wants to go outside. If I am late for dinner, she will give me one bark every 5 minutes or so to remind me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs