Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times

Advertisements

If I Didn't Have a Dog

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.
When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.
When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.
I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
I would have money ... and no guilt to go on a real vacation.
I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grand kids through college.
The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE.
My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.
My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.
My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash...
I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E
I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.
I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading "mud" season.
I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get..
How EMPTY my life would be!

(author unknown)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 02:35 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
This is all sorts of awesome! Thank you for posting it and sharing it.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:05 PM

386 posts, read 1,364,010 times
Excellent and so true! The mailperson thought I had kids with all the toys in the yard. Nope, just furbabies who love their stuffed animals.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:05 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Along with loving all you posted, this really perked my ears up lol!

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, F-R-I-S-B-E- E, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, B-I-K-E, G-O, R-I-D-E

Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Those are about the Only Words I CAN Spell LOL So without dogs I couldnt spell at ALL!! And I would miss my Fur Rugs! Cause I cant afford to Buy them.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:39 PM

519 posts, read 1,377,434 times
Very awsome post. So true love the so close to an angel part....
My fur babies are even learing some of the things I spell out.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Very awsome post. So true love the so close to an angel part....
My fur babies are even learing some of the things I spell out.
YEP and in different languages lol!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
saw myself and bailey and dave in EVERY single line......

thanks for sharing!!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Thank you for sharing that. I've had my furry baby for a couple of years and still miss my departed canine darling who's been gone for 5 years.

Only "dog people" truly get it.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,040 times
When we were young we had 3 kids and dogs. Later we added fish, cats too. As we aged pets died off, we moved, the kids grew up and left and we had one pekingese we rescued. We had her for years, I never even thought I would want a pekingese, our last 3 dogs were dachshunds, they lived into their teens. When Sasha had to be put down in Nov of 2006 we had a very empty house. We didn't like it, so we got another pekingese. Caesar gives us so much joy. I will always miss Sasha and we could not "replace" her but I'm so glad to have this pekingese boy. I know some people do not want pets later in life, I thought we would be like that but I was wrong, and we feel very lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs