Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 06:37 PM

22,839 posts, read 6,435,820 times

Advertisements

Our peke follows us everywhere in the house,
maybe because he is the only pet
and we are his only amusement.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 10:03 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
our boxers are very much into their people and people in general

when we go the dog park they usually make their initial lap getting attention from all the owners and then go play with the dogs

they are constantly buy our side, laying next to our feet, on us, etc
dave does this too..... although he makes his people greeting lap after he has run off some of the initial energy...... seeing him bound around leaping like a deer, i REALLY suspect that there is a boxer or more fairly close in his background.......

Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Our Golden is happiest when her family is around. She's good even when we're not at home but she really wants to be close by us when we are home. When I'm cooking, she lays on the rug next to my feet. If we're laying in bed watching t.v., she snuggles up next to us. If the kids are playing outside, she is right out there with them in the middle of all the action.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:30 PM

519 posts, read 1,377,368 times
Maddie and Molly (Collies) are like that to, they are not happy campers when we are not around, and they are always at foot, and when its bedtime well then we have a crew that we have to cuddle with. Well we don't have to but I love to. My girls are people so they think and we don't tell them any different. So mums the word!!! lol

Old 11-14-2009, 05:23 PM

445 posts, read 1,448,573 times
Our English Bulldog is very dependent on human companionship. In fact, I've cut my work hours down to 4 days a week so I have more time to spend with him. I still feel bad that he's alone 28 hours a week.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:44 PM

65 posts, read 492,637 times
I wouldn't say my golden is needy, but he'd definitely want to velcro himself to me! He'd follow me around everywhere (except the kitchen and bathroom cos' he isn't allowed inside, but will wait right at the edge where he's not allowed), sleeps parallel to me and tries to push my head out of the pillow, or uses my tummy as his pillow

We're currently moving to a new apartment within walking distance and we'd take him to follow us as we walk to and from the new place moving the small stuff (clothes, shoes etc) and he loves it! Within twice of walking to the new place, he already knows where the new apartment is and would 'lead' us the way there. Also, the furniture isn't moved yet so he has all the space in the new place to run around plus I have already moved all his toys to the new place. This is the first time he's actually "involved" in the move. Previously, we'd always board him during our move and he'd whine for several nights at the new place. I hope by getting him 'involved' he'd be happy when we finally settle in!

Old 11-15-2009, 09:28 PM

155 posts, read 516,156 times
I have two Cairns, a boy and girl. They are very happy to see me when I come home but after that, they are off sleeping somewhere else. They are not cuddlers at all! My boy will sit for like hours outside just watching the world go by and my girl sleeps on the couch dream running. My parents have mini-schnauzers who are very cuddly; wish mine were a little more like that.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Are certain breeds 'really needy' and love to just hang with their people more than others?
I grew up with poodles and they were pretty aloof. My other dog was some sort of mutt and pretty sweet and needy.

The dog we have now is (we think) a lab/English pointer/possible border collie in there, too.

She is such a needy dog..she is the super Velcro dog.
Labs,
Goldens,
Cocker Spaniels

The reason I am a cat person.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 AM

139 posts, read 568,873 times
All the working breeds need to be involved with their owners.I have a lab and he can be sleeping when i put on shoes in another room.He comes in and stretches and he is ready to go,do whatever i'm doing,he's there to help.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamh View Post
cocker spaniel, mine follows me to the bathroom and everywhere else I am..they just have to know what their people are doing and can they help..
Yes, I have three cockers, two females and one male. The male won't even go outside unless I'm with him and he constantly checks to make sure I didn't sneak back into the house! The females are a little more independent but they all sit and sometimes whine at the bathroom door!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs