Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,217 times

Advertisements

Our eight year old Pom-a-Poo is having some discomfort in her neck and back. The vet suggested she take Condroiten/Glucosamine (sp) pills, just make sure they are not synthetic. She hates to take pills, so I was wondering if we could give her Elation to drink.

Has anyone here given their dog Elation? I asked the Pharmacist about it and she said she thought it would be fine. Give once ounce per five pounds of weight.

If not Elation, can you recommend a supplement that would be good for our girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 06:32 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,402 times
Cosequin DS is a chewable - I give them to my LabX and one of my Bostons every day.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:34 PM

28 posts, read 213,782 times
I love, love, love synflex! I bought it for my dog Kip who had really bad arthritis, and although I did see a little bit of difference, it was already too late for it to help him before he passed away. We started giving what was left to our other dog Kody, who was showing signs of stiffness while trying to get up from a resting position, and it has made all the difference in the world. He can run after a ball for quite some time, and has nowhere near the amount of stiffness. In fact, my husband used to complain about giving it to him...but now, he always tells me 2 weeks prior to Kody running out, that I need to hurry and order more. It's a liquid, and we just put it on top of Kody's dinner.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:57 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanoasDestiny View Post
I love, love, love synflex! I bought it for my dog Kip who had really bad arthritis, and although I did see a little bit of difference, it was already too late for it to help him before he passed away. We started giving what was left to our other dog Kody, who was showing signs of stiffness while trying to get up from a resting position, and it has made all the difference in the world. He can run after a ball for quite some time, and has nowhere near the amount of stiffness. In fact, my husband used to complain about giving it to him...but now, he always tells me 2 weeks prior to Kody running out, that I need to hurry and order more. It's a liquid, and we just put it on top of Kody's dinner.

Thanks for posting! I checked out Synflex online and it looks like it could be of help to our girl. I'm so glad to hear it helped your Kody out!

I like that it's a liquid, so it's easy to pour over her favorite food and easy for her to consume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs