Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times

Advertisements

oh yeah .... both were absolute troupers..... had james beagle chipped while we were there and that needle is so freakin' big, I couldn't bear to watch...... not a flinch or a whisper from him.......

bailey knows where she is when we are there, so just REALLY wants to leave, but is good about putting up with the poking and prodding and sticking.......

glad this is only a once-a-year thing.......

had to give james beagle his travelin' bath when we got home and then pack his bag for his new foster..... was a busy friday evening and then 670 miles total driving on saturday.....

**poof** weekend over.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 04:25 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
A customer at my bank applied for a loan to get a dog. Honey, if you can't afford to buy the dog in the first place, then don't get it! The adoption/purchase price is going to be the cheapest part of the transaction!

Silly people...

Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
A customer at my bank applied for a loan to get a dog. Honey, if you can't afford to buy the dog in the first place, then don't get it! The adoption/purchase price is going to be the cheapest part of the transaction!

Silly people...
And the sad part is, adoption fees are generally under $200, and under $100 in many cases, especially in city shelters. Maybe you misunderstood...maybe it's one of those stupid designer breeds she is BUYING. Those cost thousands. Many people that buy from pet stores call it adopting, not buying...they have their terms confused.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,730 times
Has anyone seen that dog food commercial about an "optimum pooper" little chihuahua? I thought it was hilarious, and it sure reminded me of the "poop" threads going on here! I actually thought of Artie, et al, when I first saw this commercial!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:07 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Has anyone seen that dog food commercial about an "optimum pooper" little chihuahua? I thought it was hilarious, and it sure reminded me of the "poop" threads going on here! I actually thought of Artie, et al, when I first saw this commercial!
What the WHAT???

There's ANOTHER "optimum pooper" ... and it's a CHIHUAHUA!?!?!??

PS. Thanks for the giggle.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,776,111 times
Yeah!!! Artie and Poop in the same thread. Man do I feel better. LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 PM

24 posts, read 149,721 times
Just wanna say what a pleasure it is to love dogs. Back in high school, my girlfriend had a German Shepherd. I was scared to death of dogs then because of a couple incidents in my childhood. At one point I decided to open up and try to befriend the dog, Sadie. She was so super-friendly to me she would urinate at my feet with excitement. She would always bring a toy to share. I had a new respect for dogs and especially German Shepherds. Today, Sadie is 13 years old. Because of her, I adopted Jewell (German Shepherd/Akita) a few years ago. Because of Jewell, my mother and younger brother both changed their minds about dogs and plan on adopting in the near future. The human to dog relationship is AWESOME!

Old 03-06-2010, 04:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Me too!

Old 03-06-2010, 09:39 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrengthCoach23 View Post
Just wanna say what a pleasure it is to love dogs. Back in high school, my girlfriend had a German Shepherd. I was scared to death of dogs then because of a couple incidents in my childhood. At one point I decided to open up and try to befriend the dog, Sadie. She was so super-friendly to me she would urinate at my feet with excitement. She would always bring a toy to share. I had a new respect for dogs and especially German Shepherds. Today, Sadie is 13 years old. Because of her, I adopted Jewell (German Shepherd/Akita) a few years ago. Because of Jewell, my mother and younger brother both changed their minds about dogs and plan on adopting in the near future. The human to dog relationship is AWESOME!
what a GREAT story..... i just LOVE a happy ending!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
yeah, me too......

in the upper 50's today and not a cloud in the sky ..... heading out to the good dog park in a few minutes ..... gonna wear these doggie butts OUT......

Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

in the upper 50's today and not a cloud in the sky ..... heading out to the good dog park in a few minutes ..... gonna wear these doggie butts OUT......
Funny how living in San Diego has ruined me. When I lived on the East Coast, I'd be excited for 50s this time of year. My mom was just telling me that it was in the 50s yesterday and how warm it is. She then asked for my weather. I told her it's freezing here, only supposed to get up to 67. She thought I was crazy, but I can't stand anything below 70 these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs