Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 01:50 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I psyched the poor dog out today. I forgot my glasses and realized it halfway to work (sounds like a pattern...), but didn't want to be late, so I left at 9 to run home and get them. Beesley was so happy to see me (he never is!) and sat patiently at the gate for me to let him out. I didn't have time, though
That's happened to me on a couple of occasions. Don't worry, Beesley probably went back to dreaming about a certain female dog the second you left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 02:40 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I really think nap time should be brought into the work place. I'd be much happier if I could take afternoon naps again!
I know how you can pass the time! Create alter egos on public message boards. Because sometimes the anonymity of a screen name is not enough! Don't you just love it when adults feel the need to act like children? I wish I had THAT much time on my hands!!

Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I know how you can pass the time! Create alter egos on public message boards. Because sometimes the anonymity of a screen name is not enough! Don't you just love it when adults feel the need to act like children? I wish I had THAT much time on my hands!!
People must really have no life to go and do things like that. If I had that much time on my hands I'd nap all day, pick my nose, or play with my dogs!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Is there an alter ego poster that I am not aware of? Or more importantly....If you were to make an alter ego poster, what would you name it?

Last edited by Col.W.Deering; 05-12-2010 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,026,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I really think nap time should be brought into the work place. I'd be much happier if I could take afternoon naps again!
i have said for YEARS that little kids have NO IDEA how good they've got it.... they get to take naps EVERY SINGLE DAY......

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
i have said for YEARS that little kids have NO IDEA how good they've got it.... they get to take naps EVERY SINGLE DAY......
I took naps everyday when I was still in school. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I started working again in April lol

Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
Is there an alter ego poster that I am not aware of? Or more importantly....If you were to make an alter ego poster, what would you name it?
some new posters have popped up in the patricia mcconnell thread that mak started, that may be what she's referring to.

my guess is that they're not regular posters making new accounts though - they're probably people who read the trackback on mcconnell's blog.

the site mods can find out for sure, and my guess is they've already checked.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
some new posters have popped up in the patricia mcconnell thread that mak started, that may be what she's referring to.

my guess is that they're not regular posters making new accounts though - they're probably people who read the trackback on mcconnell's blog.

the site mods can find out for sure, and my guess is they've already checked.
Thanks groar. I didn't read the Patricia McConnell thread, because I haven't a clue who she is...

Old 05-13-2010, 01:35 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,215 times
one of them has now admitted to being the new account of a regular poster, but they're arguing mak's side so :P

and you should check out her books, they're pretty good!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,921 times
Alter egos, because some people have way too much free time on their hands!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs