U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,265,001 times

Advertisements

my neighbors have a pug named bella. my dog is named matsi, which is blackfoot for "sweet and brave." pet naming is one of the areas where you can be creative without ruining someone's future, so i don't waste time giving dogs normal dog names or normal people names. what's the point?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 04:33 PM

4,196 posts, read 10,796,316 times
My Shih-Tzu's mother was Bella Cinderella!

Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 PM

5,019 posts, read 13,632,971 times
I just joined "Club Bella".

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...348-bella.html

Bella is a 9+ year old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix.

I wasn't really ready for another canine member of the family after losing my Thyla only a month ago, but we met Bella and just had to take her in.

Her family lost their home due to foreclosure (job loss) and were not able to keep her. Breaks my heart.
(Do I think there is a special place in hell for landlords who say "no pets allowed" in that situation? Yes, yes I do. )

She seems to be adapting nicely. My goal is to give her the BEST golden years ever.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:12 AM

4,605 posts, read 5,526,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I just joined "Club Bella".

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...348-bella.html

Bella is a 9+ year old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix.

I wasn't really ready for another canine member of the family after losing my Thyla only a month ago, but we met Bella and just had to take her in.

Her family lost their home due to foreclosure (job loss) and were not able to keep her. Breaks my heart.
(Do I think there is a special place in hell for landlords who say "no pets allowed" in that situation? Yes, yes I do. )

She seems to be adapting nicely. My goal is to give her the BEST golden years ever.

My Bella's boyfriend is a Border Collie mix. Sweet boy. I hope you enjoy your Bella. Glad you took her in. Post pictures!!

Last edited by Jessiegee40; 12-23-2009 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: pictures

Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM

5,019 posts, read 13,632,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Post pictures!!
If you click on the link in my post, that's her!

I'll try to get some shots of her face over the Holidays. She has the sweetest eyes. I promised the staff at the Humane Society that I would send them pics as well. They really have a soft spot for her.

Need to charge up the camera battery.....

Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,389,861 times
So to all who own a Bella, do you have nicknames for her? I'm wondering how many of the same nicknames we call our Bellas lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs