Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
I live in Las Vegas and I am looking for a breeder for this type dog. Also would like some input from owners of this dog with kids as I have a 13 month old girl! Thanks in advance!
Joe, there are some ADORABLE rescue dogs of ALL ages on Petfinder, why don't you save a life and ADOPT A RESCUE.

Also, a lot of these designer dogs come from extremely unsavoury breeders and can even be linked to puppy farms.

Please whatever you do, PLEASE don't buy from a Petstore as you are then investing money in to Puppy farming.

Please at least take a look on Petfinder.com. There are so many AMAZING dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
First, what you're looking for is not something one would find easily. It's a mutt.
obviously you dont know much about ratchi's b/c if you did you would know it isnt actually a mutt.. Rat Terrier were actually a Jack Russell Terrier and Chihuahua mix and they are now a pure breed.. NO DOG IS PURE!! every Breed has come from years of mixing.. For someone that works for a rescue and acts like they know so much, really knows NOTHING!! Ratchi's are still Rat Terriers!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
This post is years old. Everyone is aware that all dogs have been created by man over time. The difference between a purebred and a mutt - and that IS what a ratchi is - is the purebred dogs have a very long history of very strict breeding to create that breed. By breeding two dogs of this specific breed you can be assured of what type of puppies you will be creating. You can predict for the most part their prey drive, work ethic, activity level, etc.

You'll find a lot of us on here - most of us - do not support back yard breeders and those that support them. Based on your statement, and your attempt to make people think that mixed breed mutts are fine to breed because purebred dogs were once not purebred, my guess is you yourself are a back yard breeder or have purchased from one.

You're giving a hard time to someone that - in my opinion - has WAY more experience with dogs than you can imagine. A ratchi is just as much rat terrier as it is chihuahua. And just as much mutt, and not a single drop purebred. I think you need to do a bit of education yourself.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyhock1234 View Post
obviously you dont know much about ratchi's b/c if you did you would know it isnt actually a mutt.. Rat Terrier were actually a Jack Russell Terrier and Chihuahua mix and they are now a pure breed.. NO DOG IS PURE!! every Breed has come from years of mixing.. For someone that works for a rescue and acts like they know so much, really knows NOTHING!! Ratchi's are still Rat Terriers!
if they are actually rat terriers, then why the cutesy name ratchi??

oh wait..... i KNOW.... to jack up the price for gullible buyers.....

Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
if they are actually rat terriers, then why the cutesy name ratchi??

oh wait..... i KNOW.... to jack up the price for gullible buyers.....
Ding..Ding..Ding...Ding....We have a winner!

Old 08-04-2011, 10:40 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyhock1234 View Post

YES, it IS a MUTT!

Mongrel - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Cur - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Mutt - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

It is a mixed breed, NOT in ANY way a pure bred. That is insulting to all pure bred dogs, with a proven and long lineage.

Yes, it is a rat terrier, a rat terrier MIX; AKA a mutt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs