U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM

92 posts, read 304,641 times

Advertisements

So my dog is a 6 yr old lab/pit mix. She has a lot of gas on an every day basis. She always has. We've tried every type of food the vet has recommended and some they haven't. Science diet light seems to work the best for her.
Last weekend we were making dinner and had a jalapeno on the counter. I went to change the laundry and my husband went to open the front door and while we were both away from the kitchen Daisy (the dog) counter surfed and ate over 1/2 of the jalapeno. She has had the worst gas ever since. It's been 4 days and she is still horrible!! The first night it woke me up in the middle of the night. Now she is sleeping in the living room b/c I can't handle her smell! Is there anything I can give her that will calm her stomach down or do I just let it continue to run its course?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM

3,627 posts, read 12,402,826 times
Give her yogurt. Dairy calms down the capsaicin and yogurt bacteria would be helfpul. Plain vanilla. It is hard to think that would have such an effect for 4 days though but the yogurt can't hurt.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM

5,232 posts, read 13,553,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingnightmare View Post
So my dog is a 6 yr old lab/pit mix. She has a lot of gas on an every day basis. She always has. We've tried every type of food the vet has recommended and some they haven't. Science diet light seems to work the best for her.
Last weekend we were making dinner and had a jalapeno on the counter. I went to change the laundry and my husband went to open the front door and while we were both away from the kitchen Daisy (the dog) counter surfed and ate over 1/2 of the jalapeno. She has had the worst gas ever since. It's been 4 days and she is still horrible!! The first night it woke me up in the middle of the night. Now she is sleeping in the living room b/c I can't handle her smell! Is there anything I can give her that will calm her stomach down or do I just let it continue to run its course?
ROTFLMBO!!!!

I'm sorry, I have no advice but had to laugh. I think every dog owner on the planet can sympathize with you! I switched my dogs to a very high quality grain free dog food several years back. I'm not sure what it did to my rottie's gastro system, but I swear there was a green cloud in the house for weeks and the paint was peeling off the walls. I went a few times to sleep in the library on the other end of the house to escape it, hoping hubby wouldn't suffocate from it in the middle of the night. And heck no I didn't wake him up and have him go with me. It's a twin bed so only one will fit; every man for himself!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:00 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
My dog Brody begged for (and finally sampled) a prune.

He played with it for a while, but never got it down (thankfully).

Old 01-13-2010, 05:37 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,282,457 times
Labs are so grubby...they just want to eat and eat. (so I have found). My dog is part lab and I swear even after I give her a full dinner, she will still hang around and grub for bits on the floor.

Ugh, it is so annoying.

Hope your dog is well soon!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 PM

183,850 posts, read 74,970,778 times
I'm glad the pooch we are keeping for my daughter is small. She is a real garbage gut. She eats stuff with jalapenos in it too. She just helped me finish off a bag of salt 'n vinegar chips. I have not found much she want eat in the vegetable and fruit line. She has to be tricked into thinking canned dog food is people food. Have to take it off a make believe it's my plate and put it onto a paper plate for her. Warmed in the microwave of course. She sleeps in the other end of the house too.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,995,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Labs are so grubby...they just want to eat and eat. (so I have found). My dog is part lab and I swear even after I give her a full dinner, she will still hang around and grub for bits on the floor.
Labs definately can be greedy lol. One of my lab mixes, Buddy, is nicknamed Crumbs because it doesn't matter whether it's food thats fallen from people or the other dogs and cat, he will hoover any crumbs like there is no tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or