U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

2,682 posts, read 3,688,342 times
Smile Help finding a wagon for my older dog

My senior dog is needing help getting around, especially when I go for walks. Does anyone have a good idea regarding wagons like Radio Flyer that would be easy to get a 90 lb dog in and out of and be easy to push when I go out for walks?

Thanks!!

p.s.
If any of you big strong handsome sexy guys can build me one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 04:13 AM

8,192 posts, read 18,936,825 times
Have you considered getting something made for dogs? Check out http://www.handicappedpets.com to see all of the things they have to help with mobility issues.

Also, look for an animal massage therapist. You would be amazed at the difference it can make.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:31 AM

17,755 posts, read 20,831,479 times
HDL
do you have him on a senoir diet? I have found that it has really helped with my Greyhounds both are 11 and for the first time I don't have joint issues. I started them on it when they were 5.
You can also ask your vet they have Vet approved glucosamine that helps the joints.

karla

Old 05-24-2007, 04:45 AM

17,221 posts, read 16,329,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
HDL
do you have him on a senoir diet? I have found that it has really helped with my Greyhounds both are 11 and for the first time I don't have joint issues. I started them on it when they were 5.
You can also ask your vet they have Vet approved glucosamine that helps the joints.

karla
maybe I need to go on a senior diet...lmao I am sorry, I am determined to feel good today...thats it and thats that! I am 33... yesterday dh told me I was no spring chicken when I told him I may have really hurt myself when I fell Sunday...jerk! Ok, done stealing your post... rock on HDL!@

Old 05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

2,682 posts, read 3,688,342 times
Unhappy Darn MOD moved me to the Pet section!! How am I going to get a big strong sexy guy here?!

Thanks Evey! I have that website as a favorite and went to it last night before posting. I have a general idea of what I want, I just want to make certain that before I buy it, I research all the possibilities. I think some sort of Radio Flyer wagon is the best fit for what I need .

How much for you to fly to ID and do your massage magic though??? Possibily FREE if a hurricane is heading your way !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Have you considered getting something made for dogs? Check out http://www.handicappedpets.com to see all of the things they have to help with mobility issues.

Also, look for an animal massage therapist. You would be amazed at the difference it can make.
My dear sweet adorable Karla A senior diet??? No, I'll have to look into that. My dog takes glucosamine and Rimadryl and has a bunch of good vitamins and glucosamine in her current food, but I will look into Sr dog food also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
HDL

karla
Ms cinderobyn, why you thread stealin' bad girl !! Let me know HOW that senior diet thingy works for ya!? I may need to go on it soon also, even if I am still in my early 20's .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
maybe I need to go on a senior diet...lmao I am sorry, I am determined to feel good today...thats it and thats that! I am 33... yesterday dh told me I was no spring chicken when I told him I may have really hurt myself when I fell Sunday...jerk! Ok, done stealing your post... rock on HDL!@

Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 PM

17,755 posts, read 20,831,479 times
"Darn MOD moved me to the Pet section!! How am I going to get a big strong sexy guy here?!"

rofl HDL ooo if you saw the eye candy I met this morning (see todays exercise thread for details) you'd be wanting him to pull the wagon
We could put a call out for Rance heck they are fighting over him in the exercise thread today
rofl it's a doozy
karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs