Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:23 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I agree. Don't go back there.

I once had an Afghan Hound that died at a groomers. They used dryers that hung on the cages.
The groomer said that she heard Sasha whimpering and didn't pay attention to it... and then when she finally went back there, my dog was dead.

The veterinarian said she'd overheated...
Oh my God, I feel ill just reading this. AWFUL! I'm so sorry that you had to go through something that terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Oh my God, I feel ill just reading this. AWFUL! I'm so sorry that you had to go through something that terrible.
Sasha was a young, healthy dog. She'd been to that groomer before...

I really don't know if I'll ever bring another dog to any groomer.

If I did, I'd seriously consider one of those like Petco who does their grooming in plain view behind glass.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-25-2010 at 10:51 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 11:50 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
WC...how horrific for you!
OP...any news?

Old 01-25-2010, 01:11 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
I agree. Don't go back there.

I once had an Afghan Hound that died at a groomers. They used dryers that hung on the cages.
The groomer said that she heard Sasha whimpering and didn't pay attention to it... and then when she finally went back there, my dog was dead.

The veterinarian said she'd overheated...

oh.my.god.

i hope that that "person" suffered some sort of consequences..... nothing would ever be "just" but i sure hope that the groomer had some kind of professional punishment......

Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 PM

33 posts, read 54,489 times
Remember that it may have nothing to do with the groomer, and be carefu lnot the bring misery to an innocent party. Wait for an answer. Dogs can quickly get sick. Being away from her normal home and keeper may have much to do with the situation. See a vet.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM

22,839 posts, read 6,435,820 times
As said by others, see a vet. Find out if there's some injury due to rough handling or if the dog is sick.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
oh.my.god.

i hope that that "person" suffered some sort of consequences..... nothing would ever be "just" but i sure hope that the groomer had some kind of professional punishment......
Actually, it was about 25 years ago. Nothing was done to her.

It was a groomer who had her own business in the small town where I grew up.

She said "she was sorry"...

Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
To all that have been wonderful, and have answered me, when i needed to hear from you all Thank you so so much. Foxy was seen by a vet, and all i am going to say is that, he was treated roughly. His back end, and his hind right leg, are bothering him, they think because they were rough with him during his grooming session. His leg is tender, so the vet, put a little splint on it. He is taking medicine, and for the first time tonight since Saturday early afternoon, he finally ate a bit. This has been a trying time for us, because this Dog is my daughter's child, she is 25 with a serious thyroid condition, and female problems, and may not be able to have children. This Dog is her child. To see her cry, made me cry, Dogs and cats and pets, can and do fill a lonely void. Our animals love us no matter what. Thank you to all of you, you have lifted my spirits. I was literally a wreck if something happened to foxy my daughter would really not be able to take it. Thank you all. I don't want to say where he went, but it is a very well KNOWN PET CENTER there are 2 in competition, he went to one. The pet center he went to refuses to take any blame, saying they did nothing.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:11 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Actually, it was about 25 years ago. Nothing was done to her.

It was a groomer who had her own business in the small town where I grew up.

She said "she was sorry"...
ugh..... so NOT RIGHT......

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
To all that have been wonderful, and have answered me, when i needed to hear from you all Thank you so so much. Foxy was seen by a vet, and all i am going to say is that, he was treated roughly. His back end, and his hind right leg, are bothering him, they think because they were rough with him during his grooming session. His leg is tender, so the vet, put a little splint on it. He is taking medicine, and for the first time tonight since Saturday early afternoon, he finally ate a bit. This has been a trying time for us, because this Dog is my daughter's child, she is 25 with a serious thyroid condition, and female problems, and may not be able to have children. This Dog is her child. To see her cry, made me cry, Dogs and cats and pets, can and do fill a lonely void. Our animals love us no matter what. Thank you to all of you, you have lifted my spirits. I was literally a wreck if something happened to foxy my daughter would really not be able to take it. Thank you all. I don't want to say where he went, but it is a very well KNOWN PET CENTER there are 2 in competition, he went to one. The pet center he went to refuses to take any blame, saying they did nothing.

glad he is on the mend...... lots of love and tender care and he will be fine.....

get the vet's diagnosis and treatment notes and report this facilty to the state licensing agency.........

Old 01-26-2010, 05:21 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Healing thoughts to little Foxy. I certainly would not let this sit. I'm sure you've spoken to a mgr., time to go higher up. Write letters, have all the vets notes as proof. Since it is one of the larger chains, you should be able to get some sort of satisfaction that this does not happen again, to any animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs