Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,677,533 times

Advertisements

Our dog, Cleo, is 15 years old and almost completely deaf. She's a beagle mix and sheds like crazy all year. She used to hate the vacuum, but recently I was vacuuming around her while she was slepping and she didn't even notice. I decided to use the hose with the upholstery attachment to try vacuuming her. She loved it! I think it feels like a massage to her. Does anyone else vacuum their dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,070,280 times
omg haven't tried it yet but I think about it all the time!! But mine's only a year old and I think she might freak right out. Maybe not though

Old 02-07-2010, 03:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,986,182 times
i think shelbygirl does.....

bailey and dave can not get far enough away from the vacuum cleaner and still be in the house......

Old 02-07-2010, 05:35 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,361,347 times
I had a golden retriever who loved being vacuumed. In fact he would through himself down in front of the machine. I could try going around him but he just kept moving until I would finally put him in another room and close the door. Then when rugs and floors were done I would detach the power head from the Electrolux canister and just use the hose until my arms were too tired to go any more. He was the same way with being brushed or massaged. Don't stop mom, don't stop.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,343,525 times
Yup...I do...and the cats, as well! They love it.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,880,232 times
Half your luck!

The vacuum cleaner in our house is clearly the most vile and evil threat imaginable and all attempts must be made to anihilate it!

It's the same with my hair dryer too apparently!

Old 02-08-2010, 05:56 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,944,455 times
I wish that I could but no...

Artie used to be terrified of the vacuum cleaner. He would bark at it like a madman. We have a cleaning person come in every two weeks and she vacuums, of course. It would set Artie off every time, but now that he loves the cleaning woman (in fact, she stays here with Artie when we go away for a weekend), and follows her around the whole time she's here, he's fine with the vacuum cleaner. No problem at all.

But when I use the vacuum? Let the barking commence! That machine is the devil to Artie, all of a sudden. Clearly he loves the cleaning woman more than he loves me!

As for the blowdryer, he loves it. When it rains, after we come in from a walk, all I have to say to him is "Want a blow dry?" and off he goes upstairs to where I keep it, waiting for his spa treatment. Even when I use the blowdryer on myself, no matter where he is in the house, as soon as he hears the blowdryer, he's right there, eagerly awaiting his primping. It's very cute.

Maybe I'll ask the cleaning woman to vacuum Artie. Obviously she stands a better chance at it than I do.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 02-08-2010 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM

337 posts, read 824,975 times
Our spoiled pug (Louis) is terrified of the vacuum while our new adopted pug (ReRun) loves it. I think he just likes the attention.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 PM

30 posts, read 77,895 times
I have a long haired German Shepherd and she loves having the vacuum on her but i can never get the housework done!

Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Hah, we have a beagle mix with short, coarse hair that sheds constantly, sometimes in lightly shedding phases, and sometimes so heavily that it seems like we could build a whole new dog in what's shed in just a couple of days. We have a pet-hair specific vacuum that has attachments that are rubberized, like grooming mitts and tools, for picking up dog hair that clings to the upholstery and hardwood floors. Out of curiosity, I decided to test out one of the smaller attachments on Willie during one of his heavy shedding cycles...he HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED it. I think it was the sound more than the sensation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs