Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times

Advertisements

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar’s longtime friend and partner... in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.
He lived each day of those sixteen years happy and fulfilled as Cesar’s right-hand-“man,” helping to shape the behavior of entire generations of dogs by showing them the way to balance. He stood as champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent, savage, uncontrollable beasts. He successfully battled cancer and weathered chemotherapy, and even got the opportunity to present at the 56th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards!
His name is now added to that honorable roster of dogs gone by whose influence is still felt today, and which includes some of Cesar’s beloved childhood heroes: "Rin-Tin-Tin." "Lassie." … "Daddy."
He has been immortalized by [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]Dog [COLOR=green !important]Whisperer[/color][/color][/color] fans in all mediums, from painting, to photographs, to charcoal drawings and papier-mâché sculpture. And, of course, he lives on in his work, reflected in the balance and calm-submission of his protégé Junior, the countless animals to whom he was a positive role model, and in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew him as a calm, sweet, and mellow example of a widely misunderstood breed.

LINK to the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 11:08 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,776,878 times
Sad... He had a good life though...and 16 years...that is great. RIP Daddy.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,289,458 times
Oh god, this thread title almost broke my heart! Daddy just seemed like such an awesome, amazing, loving dog. regardless of what you think of Caesar's methods, you can't disagree that he did right by that dog. Daddy was the perfect ambassador for the breed and folks who love pit bulls will likely be saddened that they've lost such a positive role model. thankfully, there are other ambassadors out there, but few will replace Daddy. RIP Daddy

Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,767,938 times
Daddy was my favorite member of Milan's pack. In fact,it it was Daddy who was foremost in my mind when I agreed to adopt my Pitty girl back in 07, and I haven't regretted that decision for one second.

Requiescat in pace, sweet spirit.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,396,223 times
That is so sad. Daddy was an amazing dog. When I would look at him on tv he was so intimidating in looks, and yet was so sweet.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,619,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Oh god, this thread title almost broke my heart! Daddy just seemed like such an awesome, amazing, loving dog. regardless of what you think of Caesar's methods, you can't disagree that he did right by that dog. Daddy was the perfect ambassador for the breed and folks who love pit bulls will likely be saddened that they've lost such a positive role model. thankfully, there are other ambassadors out there, but few will replace Daddy. RIP Daddy
i agree. i'm not a millan fan, but i do appreciate what he's done for the image of pit bulls, and daddy is a big part of that. he seemed like a great dog, and he lived to a ripe old age. RIP.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,039,154 times
That is so sad. I loved seeing Daddy on the show. Rest in peace sweet boy.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,237,244 times
Awwww...so sad.
They loved each other...lived together & worked together. That is the perfect relationship.
I bet Cesar spoiled him, too. :-)

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,865,009 times
I'm sad. Daddy had become a gentle giant.

I hope Cesar and his family are coping as best that they can.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 PM

501 posts, read 1,292,096 times
Loved watching Daddy. Good dog. RIP, old guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs