U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM

501 posts, read 933,200 times
Default Is my dog okay-only pees twice a day

I've noticed that my 2 year old 25 pound dog only wants to pee twice a day when he is not on a walk or playing. I offer him several chances during the day to go out to pee, but he chooses not too. He goes in the morning around 0900 and then doesn't want to go back out until 5:00 in the afternoon. We go on our 3 mile walk at 5:00 and pees then. He usually wants to pee again before going to bed, but not always. I guess it can be fairly normal for an adult dog to want to hold it that long. He drinks water fine. I just remember when he was an 8 week old puppy and it was out to pee every hour except at night. When he does pee, it's a normal light yellow color. Maybe he just has a super big bladder? It's not been all of a sudden, just progressivly wanting to hold it over the past two years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 PM

2,435 posts, read 2,881,838 times
They usually go more than that. Mine will tinkle on just about everything outside. Dowsn't matter how often they go out. You should see the walks in the woods. I swear that they finally ran dry after a quarter of a mile, but they kept on trying...

Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,434,171 times
If you really are concerned about him not going for that long a period of time. Put the collar and leash on him and take him out for 15 minutes in the yard or down the road. Make it a routine, and see if he starts peeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs