Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times

Advertisements

on it leorah. I'm the proud owner of a fiesty fido. gonna order it tonight

Katie, when the baby is asleep and if I change my clothes or put on socks he starts pulling on my legs. ....usually I do this before I start working out of the home(like now). I caught him as he started, I scolded and put him in a different room and he quit sooooo maybe I just need to catch before it escalates? I am closing my home biz as of this week so there will be less people in this house. usually there are 20-25 people in and out during the week. ...we will see how he does next week.

Last edited by kelly3120; 02-24-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Katie does that! Putting socks on means I am leaving...sooo she tries to Stop me by taking them off. Or getting between my son & I when he has to help me get dress. Like when my legs are swollen I cant reach my feet [being FAT doesnt help LOL] Once the socks are on she grumbles & mopes around! And of course when I return AS soon as I sit down she takes off my shoes & socks then Lays on my feet...BID SIGH & Goes to sleep!! SO when you change IS that when you plan to Leave the house?? Expect people to come over?? Afraid you are going to leave Him Alone WITH the Baby!!??!!

Another thing when Cody plays with the baby hes most likely holding back! Where with you he can go all out! So maybe you need to give him more of you time to let him Get ALL his energy out?? Also try this Before your normal walk see how he is on the walk.

Last edited by Katie1; 02-24-2010 at 04:12 PM..

Old 02-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Katie does that! Putting socks on means I am leaving...sooo she tries to Stop me by taking them off. Or getting between my son & I when he has to help me get dress. Like when my legs are swollen I cant reach my feet [being FAT doesnt help LOL] Once the socks are on she grumbles & mopes around! And of course when I return AS soon as I sit down she takes off my shoes & socks then Lays on my feet...BID SIGH & Goes to sleep!! SO when you change IS that when you plan to Leave the house?? Expect people to come over?? Afraid you are going to leave Him Alone WITH the Baby!!??!!

Another thing when Cody plays with the baby hes most likely holding back! Where with you he can go all out! So maybe you need to give him more of you time to let him Get ALL his energy out?? Also try this Before your normal walk see how he is on the walk.
how funny! he's definitely holding back. We do go all out a few times a day but I'll continue on further and see what happens. Thanks!

I started wondering if that pickleweasel is picking up on some type of change about to happen(me leave. people come) and going nuts. I know it sounds obvious now that its stated but I'm usually distracted when he does this. ....what a pickle!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
BTW when is baby #2 due?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:59 AM

late may! Little boy!

Last edited by kelly3120; 02-25-2010 at 04:09 AM..

Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorah View Post
Try reading "Feisty Fido" by Patricia McConnell. It deals specifically with reactive dogs and leash-walking. McConnell is a world-renowned, credentialed behaviorist and she's very good. She also owns and works herding dogs.
got my book tonight. Baby just went to sleep and I'm readying. so excited! Thanks for the book idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs