U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,846 times
I have just rescued a min english bull terrier. He was living in Florida outside in a crate, hardly fed and was very sad when rescued. He was then taken to Jersey to a rescue home as the home in Florida wanted to put him down after 2 days due to overcrowding at the rescue home. While at the rescue home he was adopted by someone and got into a terrible fight at the new home when a full size bully attacked him and chomped on his ear causing him to have stitches. This poor guy has had a horrible life so far and is only between 1 and 2 years old. Me and my boyfriend have now adopted him and it's been 2 weeks so far. When we first got him he was adorable, very loving and affectionate to BOTH of us. However, as the week has gone by, he has become extra loving to my boyfriend and taken a terrible dislike to me. We both feed him and walk him but while in the kitchen the other day he became very still and then attacked me, biting my leg and showing his teeth. It was a very scary experience and upsetting too. Since then he's become even worse with me, if I even go near him or he sees me he tries to attack or growl yet is a bunny rabbit to my boyfriend. We have bought a crate so that he has some routine at night but even today while i was cooking he was looking at me and started barking and growling. I don't know what to do, I want to give him a good life but I don't want a pet that is kept in a crate in case he bites me. I don't know what to do, he's such a lovely boy and I don't want to give up but the biting, aggression and growling has got to stop otherwise i'll have no choice. The extreme from his personality when we got him 2 weeks ago to now is unbelievable and i just want him to trust me and love me but I don't know if he will. I don't hit dogs, and rather than yelling I am firm with him but it's very scary when he comes at me with his teeth showing and growling. PLEASE HELP, I don't know what to do! I forgot to say, he's just been neutered about 3 weeks ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 AM

8,470 posts, read 10,560,188 times
If you have a toddler in the house I would keep the dog far and away. I love my Mastiffs but would never, never trust them alone with a grandbaby or a child of mine. I just think I would never risk my child with a dog that shows agression towards an owner, neutered or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs