Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
really not your problem if her dog instigated the fight ..... aggressive and un-neutered dogs do NOT belong in a dog park......seriously ..... try talking to some of the other people there and get their take on the dog and his demeanor..... i'm betting that if he is a regular, this is not the first dustup he has been involved in.......
Un-neutered dogs put off a scent that is noticable to other dogs... Cesar Milan talks about that alot.
A dog coming into his pack gets neutered right away.

Wonder why that lady found it necessary to drop off her dog and go park her car? Do you think that maybe she has difficulty handling her dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
ALso, most cities have Legal Aid clinics if money is a problem. They can help you if needed.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,143,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9_2009 View Post
t.
Our plan is to pay half of the bill and enclosed a letter explaining that we were equally at fault, just as much as both of us are equally not at fault, so paying half of the bill is just trying to be a good person and help the dog that got hurt the most and not admitting to guilt.....something along that line....
OP, for what it's worth: should you wish to write to this woman then you can set out a letter thus: your name and address and the date at the top right; her name and address aligned left - and then after her name and address about two spaces down and again aligned left, you write the following words: WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

By including the words "without prejudice" she cannot use what you have written in a court of law, should - God forbid - it ever go that far. As I understand it, it is, by definition, inadmissible.

You should, by all means, run that by someone qualified to give professional legal advice since I am not a lawyer. Citizens Advice Bureaus, Legal Aid, I'm pretty sure even the BBB or a Chamber of Commerce can point you in the right direction.

I personally would not part with a cent until you get a satisfactory answer as to the limits of your liability if any. What you do not want to do under any circumstance is open the door to future claims. It's awful, I know - we all wish people could just be civilised and reasonable. Unfortunately, these days... chance would be a fine thing.

I can't help but think based on the OP's responses that the other person involved has a group of rowdy supporters behind her shouting "You go girl. You get her money. You make her pay."

Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM

12 posts, read 13,980 times
Thank you everyone.
I will search for legal aids/services around our area.

Can;t wait for this nightmare to be over........

Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Found this link on the web Help Me Howard - Dog Bite Dilemma
Good read.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
Thank you everyone.
I will search for legal aids/services around our area.

Can;t wait for this nightmare to be over........
Your first contact with an attorney is free in most cases.

Call a regular attorney and discuss it with them. You will probably get all of the information that you need from that initial phone call.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:35 PM

30 posts, read 67,696 times
Quote:
She wants me to send her a check ASAP when we get the bill, many of my friends have advised me not to send her a personal check.......will cashier check or money order works?
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SEND HER ANYTHING!!! You contact the Vet and pay them directly!! And only pay for the initial procedure.

You need to find out what the rules for this park are, and if un-altered dogs aren't allowed, she was in violation.

Tell her that you will not pay for anything other than the initial procedure and that she was in the wrong where the city was concerned by having an un-neutered dog a the park. And if she feels entitled to more money, she can sue you and you'll see her in court.

I bet she won't bother suing you once you point out she was in violation of City laws.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM

We finally received the vet bills, and we will go to the vet office to confirm all the charges.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
please keep us posted as things progress......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs