Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
But what's up with his right eye? Looks kind of red and swollen?
It gets like that when he goes outside and plays. I think he's allergic to something outside, but I'm not sure what yet. Right now it looks fine, because we've been inside for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
Congratulations - Winston is a real cutie! LOL You know I'm a fan of Bostons; I have two myself.

"If" the blue eye was going to affect his hearing, it would have already done so and the only way to know is to have the BAER test. Your regular vet can't do this test but can refer you to a canine audiologist. Occasionally, there will be test clinics at shows/events.
If Winston responds to sound, then you know he can hear, at least in one ear. Sometimes deafness is just in one ear.

I love the Boston breed and hope Winston brings you many years of fun and companionship. I know he and PC will be BBF! LOL

One of my Bostons has a half white face and it can get a little "pink" after playing hard or if her allergies are acting up. You can address his tear stains with a t. of powdered buttermilk on his food once a day and with wiping his face a couple times a day. I prefer to not use Eye Envy or Angel Eyes. Also, I know you're feeding a good food but things like beet pulp in kibble can contribute too....others swear filtered/bottled water helps get rid of them too.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Yay for Winston and PC! Buds for life! Looking forward to all the pics!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
"If" the blue eye was going to affect his hearing, it would have already done so and the only way to know is to have the BAER test. Your regular vet can't do this test but can refer you to a canine audiologist. Occasionally, there will be test clinics at shows/events.
If Winston responds to sound, then you know he can hear, at least in one ear. Sometimes deafness is just in one ear.

One of my Bostons has a half white face and it can get a little "pink" after playing hard or if her allergies are acting up. You can address his tear stains with a t. of powdered buttermilk on his food once a day and with wiping his face a couple times a day. I prefer to not use Eye Envy or Angel Eyes. Also, I know you're feeding a good food but things like beet pulp in kibble can contribute too....others swear filtered/bottled water helps get rid of them too.
He has selective hearing! He comes when he knows something good will come out of it!

He's on Orijen puppy, no beet pulp there. I think his tears stains are from them being neglected all this time, he's never had anyone wipe his face before. I would never use Angel Eyes either, because I'm not a fan of giving a dog antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. I'll try the buttermilk, though PC's breeder has a formula he uses on his showdogs that gets rid of them within a week. But again, I'm not so sure harsh chemicals are the way to go!

Oh, and expect random emails. I've seen your Bostons and they are adorable! I never thought I'd have one, so I never took the time to research the breed. I might have some questions!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Adorable puppy (as well as your bully), they look very happy and content.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
I seriously went "awwwww" for nearly a minute after seeing that pic of them sleeping together! so cute! you can tell PC is very happy to have a buddy!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,400 times
Oh my goodness, MAK! He's so freaking cute! I didn't know you were expecting...another dog

I must come to SD twice a soon now!!!

P.S. You take great pics! I need lessons...

Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Oh my goodness, MAK! He's so freaking cute! I didn't know you were expecting...another dog

I must come to SD twice a soon now!!!

P.S. You take great pics! I need lessons...

I didn't know I was expecting another so soon either! It's a shock to both of us!

You really need to plan a trip here with Beeze! I'll take some great shots of him on the beach!!

Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Glad to see that PC has a new brother and they do look so very cute together. Hope thay have many many years of fun together, Got to get back to work!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:03 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
What adorable "siblings" they make!! They really look happy together. Congrats on your new addition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs