U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:23 PM

445 posts, read 1,241,815 times

Advertisements

I have no advice to give, as a novice dog owner, and I can't rep you but I just wanted to let you know I've been following your story. Louie and I send (((hugs))) to you, your husband, PC and poor Winston. I really hope it all works out and I admire your patience and fortitude.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,192,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Actually, that is how he poops. When we're out at the beach or dog park, he does the same thing. I posted a question in the past about why dogs do this and lots of people said they have dogs that don't poop in a pile. It's just the way he is. PC is a pile pooper, Winston leaves a long trail every single time, whether inside or outside. Makes for a fun time at the beach, trying to get each poop pice out of the sand.
My harrier poops in a trail. Watching him it looks like it's uncomfortable to stay in one position to "pile poop". He's just always been like that.

I also have an older dog so I know how it is to come home and find problems everywhere. But for us it's our choice to still have him with us.

I feel for you truly. But I tend to agree it's separation anxiety. Sorry I can't be of help as to what to do but there have been many great suggestions on here.

Best of luck.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,374,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillife View Post
I have no advice to give, as a novice dog owner, and I can't rep you but I just wanted to let you know I've been following your story. Louie and I send (((hugs))) to you, your husband, PC and poor Winston. I really hope it all works out and I admire your patience and fortitude.
Thank you! And big hugs to Louie from PC! Actually, more like licks. I took PC to the farmers market this morning, and he licked the 4 Bulldogs we ran into while there!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 PM

4,541 posts, read 13,094,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Thank you! And big hugs to Louie from PC! Actually, more like licks. I took PC to the farmers market this morning, and he licked the 4 Bulldogs we ran into while there!
Where was Winston while you and PC went to the farmer's market?

Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,374,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Where was Winston while you and PC went to the farmer's market?
With my husband, they walked to Starbucks and to get bagels.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:21 PM

19,815 posts, read 55,781,243 times
Closed at MAK's request, she has enoough suggestions now. Thanks to everyone.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs