U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,769,765 times

Advertisements

Some friends of mine are animal magnets. When they lived in south Florida, they were forever being found by strays, who then became a part of their family. They now live in Georgia, where they continue to be "found" by those needing a loving home.

From the e-mail that I received:

Had just finished watching the DVD Hachi...a dog's story when I opened the door and was about to step out on the porch for some air and got a surprise... (see pix)

They named the dog Hachi. He not only now has a new home, but a webpage! Dog profile for Hachiko, a male German Shepherd/Akita

"I am called Hachi and am about 5 months old and likely had never seen a vet. If I ever did I don't remember going there. Yesterday morning mom gave me breakfast and then put me in the car and I was scared. I pressed myself so hard against her we almost fused. I was sure they were taking me away forever to a BAD PLACE to leave me just when I was so happy to have found home. No one where I came from had looked for me or put up posters after leaving me on a country road at night...no change of heart. I had no collar, no tag, no tattoo, and no microchip.

"But the vet was nice and I didn't even mind the shots he gave. I am heartworm negative but positive for all other worms and have to take medicine. The ladies at the vet's made an official announcement that I am no longer homeless but that I belong to my mom and dad and to Papa Orry. Mama finally exhaled..."
Attached Thumbnails
Another happy ending story-hachi-porch.jpg   Another happy ending story-hachism.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,193,410 times
Wonderful story!!! God bless them for having a huge heart!

Thanks for sharing and putting a smile on my face!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:44 PM

19,817 posts, read 55,819,182 times
SUch a good story! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM

21,338 posts, read 7,506,694 times
Wonderful story and he looks like a really great love bug of a dog. I just wanna give him a BIG hug!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:31 AM

3,158 posts, read 5,675,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Some friends of mine are animal magnets. When they lived in south Florida, they were forever being found by strays, who then became a part of their family. They now live in Georgia, where they continue to be "found" by those needing a loving home.

From the e-mail that I received:

Had just finished watching the DVD Hachi...a dog's story when I opened the door and was about to step out on the porch for some air and got a surprise... (see pix)

They named the dog Hachi. He not only now has a new home, but a webpage! Dog profile for Hachiko, a male German Shepherd/Akita

"I am called Hachi and am about 5 months old and likely had never seen a vet. If I ever did I don't remember going there. Yesterday morning mom gave me breakfast and then put me in the car and I was scared. I pressed myself so hard against her we almost fused. I was sure they were taking me away forever to a BAD PLACE to leave me just when I was so happy to have found home. No one where I came from had looked for me or put up posters after leaving me on a country road at night...no change of heart. I had no collar, no tag, no tattoo, and no microchip.

"But the vet was nice and I didn't even mind the shots he gave. I am heartworm negative but positive for all other worms and have to take medicine. The ladies at the vet's made an official announcement that I am no longer homeless but that I belong to my mom and dad and to Papa Orry. Mama finally exhaled..."
What a cutie!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:51 AM

3,797 posts, read 9,710,640 times
Thanks for the happy story! She is adorable!!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 AM

257 posts, read 467,980 times
I watched "Hachi" this weekend. What a great movie! *sniff*sniff*

Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,858,530 times
Saw hachi. Was ok.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 AM

9,352 posts, read 16,784,725 times
what a sweet sad face on him..... so glad he found some good people.......

yaaaayyy hachi!!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:21 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,450,283 times
Great story! Welcome to your new home Hachi. Kudos to the family who opened their door!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or