U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 AM

23 posts, read 62,215 times

Advertisements

She is a beautiful girl, no mater what they tagged her. Is she about 1yr? We have several friends that raise shephards and she looks like a beautiful german shephard to me. She will no doubt be a good dog.

I don't mean to hijack your thread.....just thought I would throw this in here.

About 1 1/2 yrs ago (Nov 2008) my 21yo daughter saw a dog and pups attempting to cross the road in an area north of where we live in Millington Tn (no houses for 1/2 mile each way) obviously they were abandoned....she slowed down to let them cross and when she looked in the rear-view mirror, she saw this little black pup still there. She went back to check on it, thinkng she may have run over it, the other dog and pups just left her there shaking in the cold rain....my daughter scooped her up and took her to our vet, he said that she was ok, just needs a good home.....we tried to find the owners and came up empty..... she now has a name, a wardrobe and a car seat
Here name is Sadie, we have no idea what she may be mixed with,any ideas???
What breed do you think my girl is mixed with?-dallas-pics-007.jpg This is Sadie at about 1yr she is not much bigger now.

What breed do you think my girl is mixed with?-gizzmo.jpg this is my 14yo shizu-pom....he is not exactly happy with the new addition to the family......but he tries.

What breed do you think my girl is mixed with?-sadie-snow-2010.jpg Sadie loves the snow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 09:05 AM

4,628 posts, read 9,258,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewillfall2gether View Post
We just adopted a beautiful 5 month old German Shepherd and "terrier" mix puppy that we named Bailey. The only problem with that assumption is that almost every dog in shelters here is labeled terrier mix. I would love to know what she is mixed with, but its anybody's guess! Let me know what you think she is.
Like everyone else, I got the Shepherd part; but sure can't see terrier in her. the first pic made me think of a shaved husky-type with her color patterns ~ Mostly, GSD, though. Anyway, she is a beauty. Congratulations on giving Bailey a home!

Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM

107 posts, read 318,370 times
Lab-Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
there are some bigger terriers!

my childhood dog was definitely some kind of terrier/gsd mix. i'll see if i can dig up and scan a photo. he had a terrier face and gsd markings. that being said, i don't see terrier in that dog. guessing mixes is kind of a crapshoot even when experts are involved, so it's not surprising that shelters often pick some wacky breeds to describe dogs.

for instance, i know the mix of this dog (pictured at 7 months):

and i can almost guarantee no one could guess it. you're all welcome to try though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs