Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times

Advertisements

Last night my husband and our dog ran into our neighbor who was just arriving home after walking her Toy Fox Terrier. She told my husband that a man who lives a couple of blocks up the road started screaming at her about her dog and dogs pooping in his yard. And then he went on to scream that he was going to poison his lawn. This man is weird, only in his 30's I'd say and may be a renter..but not sure. What would you have done? Our neighbor was too shocked to do anything because it really shook her up. I told my husband to not go near the mans house. Now I'm concerned that the man will toss poison on the road, even if its not his property. Is there anything we can do besides start our dog on a route that goes no where near him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
I would find out who Does own the property...IF he does rent Report him to owner! On the other hand WHY are people NOT picking up their dogs poo??

Old 03-28-2010, 04:38 PM

We have a pretty decent neighborhood here, with responsible owners. I have yet to see people without poop bags. I think he may be a nut case, especially since he threatened to kill dogs with poison.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:44 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Maybe he tired of his lawn being the neighborhoods doggie bathroom. Even picked up Smells are left & no way to get all. I would train my dog to use an area in My yard! Walking is great exercise...not just for potty times.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Don't you think threatening to kill the dogs in the neighborhood is a little extreme?
Btw...our neighborhood is a deed restricted golf course community. We are not allowed to have fences due to impairment of viewing. No dogs are off leash even in their yards. So as a community we need to have our dogs walked. And now this man is threatening to hurt or kill our dogs.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
i had a lady like this in my neighborhood. according to kids who live near her, she actually put rat poison on the strip of grass *across the street* from her house, where there are no houses and where many people walk their dogs. i just routed around her even though it really screwed up my regular circuit. she's totally nuts.

before all this stuff happened, she yelled at me when i said hi to her while walking my dog - well, i yelled back. didn't help! she's totally crazy, so i doubt anything would help with her. whether it's worth it to determine if this guy is crazy or if he's just had someone repeatedly leave poop on his lawn, i don't know. probably not though. threatening to hurt/kill random dogs walking by generally = crazy.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,270,506 times
I would report his ugly A** to authorities, so it's on record of his threats. That way if any dog(s) come up sick...or worse...they will know who stated these threats.
Obviously...he's a nut. No normal person would be that cruel.
I wouldn't give him any reason to attack you or anyone else verbally or otherwise.
I would also tell EVERY NEIGHBOR if possible, so they know what they are dealing with and to beware of the dogs getting into anything.

Just like Katie1 said, see who owns that property... and if he is a renter...let the owner know ASAP.

I would also let the Humane Society know what his threats were.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I sympathize with you.. I live next door to one of those and he did poison 2 dogs (although they couldn't prove it) before I bought this house. He used anti-freeze. He hates dogs and most ppl. He told his 12 yo son he didn't care if his son killed a dog that was walking down the street.

I did talk to the police about him when he yelled and screamed at me waving a gas can because my dogs barked at him from the fenced in yard. They told me I could file a complaint but unless he did something they couldn't do much.

I would call and ask but I would avoid his yard.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:03 PM

When I bump into my neighbor again, I will see if she reported the incident. If not, I will let the police know about his threats. And I will let my other neighbors know about the incident. It's very scary. My dog is going blind, so her walks are always about her trying to taste and smell things. And as far as going near his yard, I think we will be taking her around to different cul de sacs. Thanks for the advice. It just stinks that what used to be pleasant walks for all of us dog walkers has to be ruined by this weirdo.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,140 times
I would definitely file a report too if your neighbor hasn't yet. Maybe not only with the police, but your local animal control too. And definitely let all animal owners, both cat and dog, know about this man's threats. Remember, it's not just one species he can kill. It's definitely not worth it to go by his house if he does put something out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs