Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does your doggy sleep at night?
In my bed 30 57.69%
In a crate 4 7.69%
On a dog bed/special spot just for them 16 30.77%
In a child's bed 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM

51 posts, read 122,398 times

Advertisements

I love the answers - its an amazing feeling to find resonance, we are not the only weird hair covered humanoids

My younger one snores in my ears - sometimes along with her stinky breath, but I am a seasoned wolf mom after all these years. The older one is a husky/sammy mix, so she ends up on the floor if too hot. My husband and I huddle in two corners of the giant CalKing, tucked in tight by two heavyweights (65+ lbs) on the comforter ha ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 01:03 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
What I love is the sound of Sadie's tail thumping against the carpet when she realizes that I'm awake; she knows that her morning petdown is just moments away as it's usually the first thing that I do after I wake up and after I remember not to step on her as I exit the bed.

I also love to hear her dreaming and, yes, snoring as well *lol*

Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM

51 posts, read 122,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
What I love is the sound of Sadie's tail thumping against the carpet when she realizes that I'm awake; she knows that her morning petdown is just moments away as it's usually the first thing that I do after I wake up and after I remember not to step on her as I exit the bed.

I also love to hear her dreaming and, yes, snoring as well *lol*
yes, yes and yes to all!!! only she is sleeping right next to me The funny thing is they sleep most of the time, and yet I am more worried about their sleep. If they are disturbed, I sit right up!!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Buster is around 30lbs and does the same thing. He can't sleep the way humans do....top to bottom, he sleeps normally side to side, thus leaving no bed for me!
Sometimes I ask Edison, where the heck do you want me to put my feet? as if he's going to answer me. He just give me schnauzer eye look. Sometimes I lightly put my feet on top of him to see if he moves but it hasn't worked. I've ended up tired of propping my feet to prove a point so I curl up to avoid digging my feet into him, then he curls up like a ball behind my knees. Maybe that's what he wanted all along!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM

128 posts, read 243,186 times
My Max - French Brittany - sleeps in different places each and every night....he starts out in my son's bed, because he lures him into the bedroom with treats. And then after my son falls asleep, Max usually comes into our (DH and I) bedroom, either on the bed or on the floor. Then he goes into the livng room and gets on the couch.
Anywhere he lays down, he needs something to put his head on. Sometimes, when he's on the floor, he will lay his head on the bottom rails of the coffee table...he lays his head on the chair rails under our table, on our pillows (he loves that), if there's laundry on the love seat to be folded, he'll lay his head on the clothes....it doesn't matter, just as long as he can have his head on something. It's soooo funny. I've never seen a dog that does this. My son calls him a pampered pooch. I call him totally spoiled, but he's not (no, really ).
I need to take some pics and post them.
Anyone that can let me know how to post pics on here, I'd appreciate the help!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:57 PM

257 posts, read 533,886 times
One dog sleeps with my son & the other is crated 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time, she sleeps with me.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:55 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Chewy sleeps all over the house. Sometimes he starts out in bed with one of the boys, then he'll move to the kitchen, his crate, the couch, the kitchen floor, a rug in the living room, etc.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Foxy sleeps besides my daughter's bed, in his own little doggie bed, it really looks like a bed, with his little binkie. But just like our husbands, yes foxy snores.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Bed in the winter, at the head, his own pillow. Bathroom tile floor in the summer. Used to sleep under the bed (tall posterbed)until he got too old to push his way back out from underneath. He's having trouble getting up on the bed anymore so he gets boosts. I'm afraid unless I can build him some steps that the bed days are numbered. He'ss too heavy for me to lift 100%.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:22 PM

475 posts, read 1,305,020 times
Our bulldog sleeps in her crate and our greyhound sleeps in his own room on his dog bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs