Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 04:13 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,402,184 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any contacts for Pit Bull rescues in Houston? If so could you DM me please with the info?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 PM

205 posts, read 726,210 times
I wish I could give you a name..... what about looking on Petfinder.com. Maybe you could look by area and get some organizations off the website that way?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 AM

556 posts, read 2,086,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Does anyone have any contacts for Pit Bull rescues in Houston? If so could you DM me please with the info?

Thanks!
Va-Cat - the one I know of in the Houston Area is Spindletop Pit Bull Refuge - here is there website:
Spindletop Refugeest. 1985 - Home

and their main email address is spindletopabr@aol.com

The volunteers who run this group are BUSY - and they are usually FULL - but have several options to offer if you are interested in surrendering a dog to them......leave an email message and you will likely get a reply asking you to call their phone between specific times of the day that they take calls.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,402,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottnboys View Post
Va-Cat - the one I know of in the Houston Area is Spindletop Pit Bull Refuge - here is there website:
Spindletop Refugeest. 1985 - Home

and their main email address is spindletopabr@aol.com

The volunteers who run this group are BUSY - and they are usually FULL - but have several options to offer if you are interested in surrendering a dog to them......leave an email message and you will likely get a reply asking you to call their phone between specific times of the day that they take calls.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much. I got a query from a Best Friends Coordinator about Pittie Rescue around here. The closest that she had worked with was in Austin. I have a few breed specific contacts and lots of all breed but haven't worked much with Pit Rescue. I'll contact them. Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs