Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times

Advertisements

Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. Sounds like his last few weeks for the most part were happy ones. What a gift.

Love and prayers along with some tears are coming your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss; though you thought it might be coming soon. So glad you made his last days special ones; what a good and kind owner you are.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 AM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
Thank you for the pics of such handsome, happy dogs. Know that the dogs have lots of great company over the bridge- we all have sent friends there, and know that they are welcomed, even as they are dearly missed here. It's the last best way we care for them.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:24 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Sending love and good memories of Jonah and his last days on this earth. He certainly enjoyed those moments with you. You're a great doggie mom. Saying prayers for you as tears are filling my eyes.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,285 times
Default I am So-so-so sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
latetotheparty, thank you so very much for posting those photos for me.

Sad news, yesterday I had to call the country vet and have him put my lad to sleep. He'd had a rough night prior and was refusing all food and I was having to force feed baby food & electrolytes via syringe. He had little strength to go outside to walk and his balanced failed him so that he collapsed a number of times jusat to strain and muster the strength to take a few more steps. I looked into his eyes and they had lost their shine and instead just a look that said: "Mom, I feel so bad". He crossed the rainbow bridge at about 9:20am after a morning down by his pond soaking up the sun and getting plenty of petting, scritches and belly rubs.

On Sat. he was able to spend some time with his "dad" and they said thier goodbyes. On Sunday we went to the farm. After a few hourse there he turned into a pupy again. his tail wagged for 2-3 hrs. non-stop and he demanded I continue to throw sticks for him to retrieve. He even went swimming and fetched up his bouy for about 1/2 hr. Maybe it was too much but i couldn't deny him his favorite activity when I knew it was likely the last time my belloved water dog would ever swim in "his pond".

Have to go for now as I type this in the public library and tears are welling up again fast. Thank you all for your well wishes, prayers and crossed paws. I appreciated your support.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From one Mogal to another....

Your sweetheart was such a beautiful boy. Jonah was one lucky dog to have such a wonderful special family.
You gave him a wonderful life all the way to the end. Not many dogs have it that good.
I know life will be hard...for quite some time, but just remember how much he loved his family & how much that he was one heck of a happy boy.
You will always have those priceless memories in your heart.
Take care.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I'm just so sorry. It sounds like you chose the right time.

I have tears in my eyes because I have a 14 year old yellow lab.

I'm glad your boy got to have fun in his last days. Thanks for sharing that.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Thank you all for your kind words and sympathies. This is my first time online since writing of the loss of my Jonah. I have been blessed with better dogs in my life than I have deserved and they have given me so much more than I could ever give them. I'll be a dog mom again one day before this year is out but right now my heart still needs to heal. I know I did what had to be done when my Jonah needed me the most.

Day before yesterday I became the adoptive mother of 4 little cottentails after accidently destroying their nest and part of their family with the mower in the tall, tall grass at the farm. The sound of baby bunny screams is one I will never be able to erase from my mind.

Pee Wee, the tiny runt, passed away today sometome during the drive back to the farm. I was skeptical of his ability to survive from the start as he did not seem to have the strenght to feed from a syringe as did the three that now remain and he was about half their size.

My hands are full keeping these little bunnies alive and my hopes for them remain high even though I realize the odds are not in their favor. So, I ask again to keep your paws crossed but this time for 3 little wild cottontails whose eyes just opened last night.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,919,835 times
Awww My hands and Sheba's paws are crossed for those baby bunnies. I'll say a little prayer for them.
PS. I'm glad to hear that you've started the healing process and aren't afraid to let another dog into your life by the end of the year.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:17 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
Everything's crossed and prayers are on the way. Good luck with these babies of yours.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,275 times
Positive thoughts to you and your babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs