Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times

Advertisements

I've tried giving my dog uncooked deer thigh bones and she just looks at them puzzled. Sniffs it and walks away so I gave up on bones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 08:10 PM

82 posts, read 440,122 times
On another board a woman who raw fed stated a raw chicken bone pierced her dog's rectum. No need to be defensive, it's just information and can happen.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:53 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana C View Post
On another board a woman who raw fed stated a raw chicken bone pierced her dog's rectum. No need to be defensive, it's just information and can happen.
"Totally fed up with biased misinformation and lies" generally gets confused with being "defensive" in these cases because, once again, they get called out for running biased, slanted "news", conveniently leaving out pertinent facts.

Yet thousands upon thousands of pets simultaneously suffered and died in 2007 (yet people still feed all those brands.)
Do so each year, albeit more slowly, from species-inappropriate "pet" products even without poisonous melamine contamination -- and not one peep warning anyone about anything. Ever -- No matter that carnivorous mammals shouldn't be eating corn, soy, peanut hulls, and other unmentionables as their only strict diet, and the resulting effects on their teeth .... Ever wonder why no "warnings" about that?

Oh no, too much $$$ made from suckers putting their dogs under for Dentals all the time, right along with all the other common, preventable maladies which make everyone rich at the expense of the clueless, sucker pet owners. Biggest (most vulnerable) $ucker$ on Earth because our animals can't speak, thus we worry, and try harder and harder to do the "right thing."

Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
"Totally fed up with biased misinformation and lies" generally gets confused with being "defensive" in these cases because, once again, they get called out for running biased, slanted "news", conveniently leaving out pertinent facts.

Yet thousands upon thousands of pets simultaneously suffered and died in 2007 (yet people still feed all those brands.)
Do so each year, albeit more slowly, from species-inappropriate "pet" products even without poisonous melamine contamination -- and not one peep warning anyone about anything. Ever -- No matter that carnivorous mammals shouldn't be eating corn, soy, peanut hulls, and other unmentionables as their only strict diet, and the resulting effects on their teeth .... Ever wonder why no "warnings" about that?

Oh no, too much $$$ made from suckers putting their dogs under for Dentals all the time, right along with all the other common, preventable maladies which make everyone rich at the expense of the clueless, sucker pet owners. Biggest (most vulnerable) $ucker$ on Earth because our animals can't speak, thus we worry, and try harder and harder to do the "right thing."
So true! Everyone seems to have forgotten the major pet food recall, that included brands many people on this board feed...Nutro, Natural Balance, TOTW, among many, many others! Your dog has a higher chance of getting very sick or even dying from eating kibble than raw! I think 2007 proved to the pet owners that we can't trust the pet food industry and have to take matters into our own hands if we want our pets to be healthy. There is more to it than reaching into a bag of pellets and calling it a meal. Yet every time one dog has a bad reaction to raw, people run to the computer to tell everyone that will listen. Not the case with kibble, which is recalled every single year!

Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 AM

622 posts, read 1,724,331 times
true true......

Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM

511 posts, read 2,199,641 times
My dog gets raw beef bones & loves them. Also deer antlers... her personal fav. I give her the ones that I don't use (for crafts)... you can usually buy them cheap on ebay. I also find them locally, either at shops or laying out in the hills. This fall, I'm planning to save some raw deer leg bones for her too.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Uncooked bones are safe for dogs. You are 100% correct. It is only the cooked bones that should not be given to dogs because they have a tendency to splinter.

MAK82 is also 100% correct. Bones (uncooked of course) are one of the primary sources of calcium for dogs.

busta

Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
Had to bump this one:

How many are aware of this? (NUTRO)

Toxic Levels of Vitamin D found in Nutro Cat Food

Thankfully I don't depend on the Worthless Mainstream Mediots and "FDA" for any actual, vital news which would benefit consumers!!

I urge all pet owners to subscribe to Susan Thixton's alerts. The rest of the populace will probably remain in the dark and never, ever hear about this while they continue to "wonder" what'$ wrong with their dogs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
So true! Everyone seems to have forgotten the major pet food recall, that included brands many people on this board feed...Nutro, Natural Balance, TOTW, among many, many others! Your dog has a higher chance of getting very sick or even dying from eating kibble than raw! I think 2007 proved to the pet owners that we can't trust the pet food industry and have to take matters into our own hands if we want our pets to be healthy. There is more to it than reaching into a bag of pellets and calling it a meal. Yet every time one dog has a bad reaction to raw, people run to the computer to tell everyone that will listen. Not the case with kibble, which is recalled every single year!
Couldn't resist quoting ^ in entirety -- can't be said enough!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs