Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,023,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley620 View Post
Probably because they were in a movie (I Love You Man I Love You, Man (2009))

aaaaaahhh yes, that WOULD explain it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 03:05 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,977,610 times
Ugh. Puggles. I've been told that there are wonderful puggles out there, and I'm sure there are. But when people around here started breeding them, all I saw were hyperactive, aggressive little creatures. I'm a huge pug fan, but I don't think I'll ever be won over to the puggle side.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,684,227 times
Too late to cry and whine about this now.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 PM

68 posts, read 273,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Yup, they sure are. I'm positive they are the #1 mixed breed here in San Diego. At the dog park, there are always at least 6, usually more, on any given night. They don't look the same, some are huge, some are small, some resemble a beagle, some the pug, all different colors and lately many with really bad temperaments and aggression.
Yes, that's because they aren't a true breed, so there's no consistency. You breed a Lab to a Lab you get a Lab, and that is what it takes to be a real breed. With these so called designer dogs when you breed them together you don't know what you will get. And these dogs are being created by people out for a buck, so I'm sure temperament is not taken into consideration.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM

374 posts, read 759,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby1nov View Post
Yes, that's because they aren't a true breed, so there's no consistency. You breed a Lab to a Lab you get a Lab, and that is what it takes to be a real breed. With these so called designer dogs when you breed them together you don't know what you will get. And these dogs are being created by people out for a buck, so I'm sure temperament is not taken into consideration.
They sure are out for a buck! I just looked up some Labradoodle breeders online out of curiosity. Every one I found wanted $2000-$2500 for a puppy.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,920,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
It's so bad, that the pug rescue stooped down and is actually advertising "puggles" in hopes of drawing people to them and not the stores/byb. They have like 2 pugs and 11 pug/beagle mixes, which is so odd.
If by advertising them as "puggles" will get them adopted then so what. Isn't that the idea?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Ugh. My neighbor, who gave away his Westie, when his second child was born; just purchased a 'Goldendoodle'.

I don't get it. I really don't.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ugh. My neighbor, who gave away his Westie, when his second child was born; just purchased a 'Goldendoodle'.

I don't get it. I really don't.

He'll probably be getting rid of it soon. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but I have yet to meet a well mannered goldendoodle.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,519 times
what if your so allergic your not going in to many guided places with polin dirt and dust your dog out side is not relivent the dander is not confined this whole post is retarded poodles are also retrievers and water dogs and are more capible faster runers swimers rated the smartest dog theres no reason to breed them people are simple board and want some thing differnt poodles sound girly to most and have great temperment

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,852,904 times
the reason they origioanlly added the lab is because standard poodles as amazing and inteligent as they are can be standoffish/warey of new situations...poodles were bred as a wter retriever BUT unlike other retrivers they were bred to think things through instead of just running head long.

they als have an incredible amount of coat upkeep that is very expensive!

the idea of adding the lab is the lab has a very "open" personality, they never meet a stranger they are not naturally warey of new situations, they are much easier overall to socilize and much more accepting of odd situations.
they were also to add bulk to the poodle frame and it was also hoped that the combination of the lab coat with the poodle coat would give a low shedding but still easy care coat as opposed to the maintence intense coat of the poodle.

the origional idea behind the australian labradoodle WAS a good one...and theres still people who are trying to breed towards that intial goal...

unfortunatly BYB's picked up on the craze, said anything mixed with poodle is hypoalergenic (a lie since even poodles are not "hypoalergenic") and saw dollar signs...*sigh*

the favorite around here though is the "cocker-poo" *rolls eyes*

i HAtE the designer breed craze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs