U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,438,771 times
Ten cups a day? Normally?

Goodness, even when I was feeding Barney kibble he was eating three cups a day and gained four pounds the first two weeks.

Who comes up with these numbers and based on what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 PM

13,522 posts, read 22,199,786 times
I feed my 90 lb Weim 3 1/2 cups a day. If you buy better food you don't have to feed as much, probably around 4-5 cups
GP.. says this

Males grow to between 110–120 pounds (50–54 kg) and 27–32 inches (69–81 cm), while females reach between 80–90 pounds (36–41 kg) and 25–29 inches (63–74 cm).

The Satin Balls are great for putting on weight. They are 500 cal each. I fed them to the weim who only weighed 40 lbs when I got her at a year old. You make them and freeze them. Give no more than 2 a day. I make these for the Animal shelter when we get in dogs that are underweight.

Someone posted on here there dog food bag said to feed their big dog 15 cups a day. It was
'cheap dog food. You may pay more per bag but you can feed a lot less. The first ingredient in Kibbles n Bits is corn, that means the dog food has more corn than anything else in it.

Post link not copyrighted material

Last edited by Keeper; 05-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: added

Old 05-05-2010, 06:22 PM

13,522 posts, read 22,199,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Kirkland (Costco food) is the generic version of TOTW. The ingredients are practically identical, but the cost is much, much lower.

Is it a new mix? The original Kirkland was not so good. I buy TOTW for my dogs but I mix it with Chicken soup to cut the cost a little. I would have to drive 50 miles to a Costco but it would be worth it since the cost is about 1/2

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM

5,050 posts, read 8,049,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Is it a new mix? The original Kirkland was not so good. I buy TOTW for my dogs but I mix it with Chicken soup to cut the cost a little. I would have to drive 50 miles to a Costco but it would be worth it since the cost is about 1/2
Yes, it's new. It's not available at all locations yet. It's called Nature's Domain. It's grainless, so if you're buying the one with rice it's the wrong one! You really can't beat the cost. It's $28 for 35 lbs., but you feed a lot less because there are no fillers. It's the cheapest grainless food on the market.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 PM

553 posts, read 711,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Yes, it's new. It's not available at all locations yet. It's called Nature's Domain. It's grainless, so if you're buying the one with rice it's the wrong one! You really can't beat the cost. It's $28 for 35 lbs., but you feed a lot less because there are no fillers. It's the cheapest grainless food on the market.
Do you know if they have a knock-off of the Pacific Stream version of TOTW?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:35 PM

5,050 posts, read 8,049,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
Do you know if they have a knock-off of the Pacific Stream version of TOTW?
Yes, that's the only one they have right now. It's salmon and something else, I can't remember. It's almost identical to the Pacific Stream. The other formulas are not yet released.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 PM

45 posts, read 47,350 times
Well, I found part of the reason Sam is eating so much; he has adopted more pets of his own. I know the cats aren't eating that much, but it is making me wonder how many other animals may be eating from his bowl. His bowl sits on our doorstep since it's too early to pen him at the moment.

Sadly, we don't have a Costco. We're doing good to have WalMart.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM

399 posts, read 1,116,360 times
We don't have a Costco only a Sams's Warehouse....any ideas on what they sell there? I can get a membership there if needed

Old 05-06-2010, 07:43 AM

1,688 posts, read 3,684,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishFamily2010 View Post
Sadly, we don't have a Costco. We're doing good to have WalMart.
OP - Do you have either a Tractor Supply or a local feed store? Round these parts, you find the largest selection (price & quality) at Tractor Supply, but the cheapest I've seen is at the feed store. I can't vouch for the quality or anything as I've never tried it, but the cowdogs around here all live on it.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,480,056 times
You guys are freaking me out. I feed my dogs Eukanuba, it's not cheap, but is that ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs