U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:57 PM

5,054 posts, read 7,945,160 times
Default OMG, this is so disturbing

Note: You do not have to watch the video, you can just read the article. While they don't show the dogs in the video, you hear their agonizing screams as they are shot.

SWAT team breaks into a guy's house, shoots and kills his 2 dogs (while the dogs scream in agony), right in front of the guy's 7 year old son...

...because the guy was in possession of weed.

I'm so upset I watched the video, very traumitizing to say the least, the screams of the dogs and when the guy realizes that they shot his dogs is horrific, but I'm also glad I watched it so that I'm aware of how much crap this is.

Cops suck. There was no reason for the amount of violence depicted in this video. And the poor child had to witness that. I'm sure he'll remember this for the rest of his life. I cannot believe they wasted so much money on hired a SWAT team for a marijuana charge. Is that really necessary???

Video of SWAT Raid on Missouri Family - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 PM

12,210 posts, read 11,573,576 times
I feel sick without watching the video and without reading the article. Just your description was enough to upset my stomach something fierce.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM

8,192 posts, read 18,936,825 times
I hope somebody gets crucified for that. Personally crucified and professionally crucified.

I did watch the video. The dogs are not visible so I don't know if they were attacking or not, but I heard too many gunshots.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:20 PM

I doubt they were attacking. How many of us own dogs that wouldn't react by barking if masked men with guns entered your home? While I firmly believe mine wouldn't attack, I can assure you they'd be by the door barking at the intruders! I think any dog, from a chihuahua to a Rottweiler would have reacted by barking.

I agree with Racelady...the cops should be severely punished for that.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM

2,893 posts, read 3,403,076 times
But, but, but, he had WEEEEEEED! It's all for the good of the country!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:05 AM

399 posts, read 1,101,173 times
I feel awful, just awful for that....but knowing people that are police officers and spent time on the drug squads, you just don't know what all they have to be up against. You DON'T know what was going on in this dude's life, you don't know if he was supplying drugs to others and got turned in, you don't know what led the police to get a search warrant and I can guarantee that judges don't issue a warrant that gets a drug squad visit if they suspect a little pot. All I can say is he is an absolute IDIOT, as is his wife, for doing something illegal and having a child and pet around it. Really sad. I worked at an emergency clinic and we all too often had to save pets from their owner's 'recreational' drugs.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Here's the link to the actual article and what they found. And it appears that the Corgi survived being shot.

"Police discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, Haden said."

Family questions SWAT drug search that led to dog’s death | ColumbiaTribune.com

Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 AM

9,706 posts, read 23,153,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigafan View Post
I feel awful, just awful for that....but knowing people that are police officers and spent time on the drug squads, you just don't know what all they have to be up against. You DON'T know what was going on in this dude's life, you don't know if he was supplying drugs to others and got turned in, you don't know what led the police to get a search warrant and I can guarantee that judges don't issue a warrant that gets a drug squad visit if they suspect a little pot. All I can say is he is an absolute IDIOT, as is his wife, for doing something illegal and having a child and pet around it. Really sad. I worked at an emergency clinic and we all too often had to save pets from their owner's 'recreational' drugs.
All great points. I know a number of policemen in all different levels of law enforcement, including DEA....With what they come up against every day of their lives....well....Many of us could not do it. Granted some cops are jerks, but most cops are on the up and up. These guys do need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law, IF what is depicted is all true. But, I would love to hear the "other" side of the story too.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 AM

7,647 posts, read 8,400,607 times
i can't watch or read this right now..... ..... maybe later.......

Old 05-07-2010, 07:41 AM

778 posts, read 938,258 times
The militarization of police forces is out of control. And I think police forces need to do a better job of psychological and background testing before hiring anyone, obviously.

I hope they get sued up the wazoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs