U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM

418 posts, read 710,832 times

Advertisements

ReturningWest,
I just had an idea. Have you considered contacting a rescue and seeing if they would consider a foster stitution until you got on your feet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM

Here are some pics of my little ones!!
Attached Thumbnails
Silent Victims of Unemployment?-brahead-27-.jpg   Silent Victims of Unemployment?-cocoandfriz.jpg   Silent Victims of Unemployment?-throwduck.jpg   Silent Victims of Unemployment?-cocogirl.jpg  

Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM

553 posts, read 762,266 times
My dogs take the 51-100 lbs Heartguard. If you DM me your address I will send a few as well.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmomof2 View Post
My dogs take the 51-100 lbs Heartguard. If you DM me your address I will send a few as well.
OK thank you!! Just to let everyone know if I do get a job (or the extension comes thru for me) or we get more than I can use before I get a job I will be donating the remaining a local rescue or someone else in need. Pay it forward. Thank you everyone. I never expected this.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 5,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
1st thing to go is the pets. then move in with mom. bring the kids.
its a pattern. the retractable generation.
Sorry - but with me the pets would not go even if I ended up living under a bridge. I promised these dogs when I rescued them that they would never be hurt again. I keep my promises.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Sorry - but with me the pets would not go even if I ended up living under a bridge. I promised these dogs when I rescued them that they would never be hurt again. I keep my promises.
My pets ARE my children so giving them up isn't an option. My boxer espically has gone thru hell and back. Pets don't care about THINGS, the only thing they care about is YOU.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:54 PM

5,991 posts, read 5,120,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post

My elderly JRT can live in the cab of the truck with me, it's the cat that I've been trying to find a home for, she's used to living in/out as she's a farm cat and can't find a home for her and I'm and my wits end trying to figure something out
Here's an idea for your cat. Contact any and all local cat rescues for information they may have of someone who takes in barn cats to live. It's a shot in the dark, but I think worth the try.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 AM

4,552 posts, read 6,300,320 times
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I live in rural NE GA and we have few shelters/rescues in this area and they are full to overflowing and they are ALL kill shelters. In my area they will go out and check your license plate to make sure you are in their county now. I've contacted JRT rescue and they won't take him they've got a waiting list a mile long and the cat would not be part of the deal.

We will be entering the hotest time of the year soon and for those of you who don't live in the south it can be brutal.

I never thought I would be in this position in my life and for those who say they would never give up their pets - you need to walk a mile in my shoes. I have done everything to try to find a home for my pets, it is the most heart renching thing I've ever done.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 AM

7,774 posts, read 9,120,432 times
add underemployment to the mix as well.....

and to add insult to injury, every single time i have to call charter about something with the internet, i talk to some person from india whose command of the english language is limited to whatever the company line is..... particularly galling when i am wondering how i am going to make my next payment to the ch 13 bankruptcy trustee......

my work has nothing to do with that ..... but the ripple effect from all this outsourcing affects ALL of us.....

Old 05-26-2010, 06:23 AM

9,599 posts, read 4,787,444 times
To everyone who has lost their job . . . I hope you find something soon. This economy is just brutal; I hope, I hope that things improve.

I will soon have to move four hours away from my family and take my son out of high school where he's done so well . . in order to keep my same job.

But what else are you going to do? I have to have a job and it's next to impossible to find another one; I've looked.

Good Luck to everyone; we just have to hold on until . . well what I don't know. Just hold on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs