U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:16 PM

418 posts, read 677,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I love my dogs more than anyone or thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM

418 posts, read 677,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
And I can cuddle with him without having to lint roll myself within an inch of my life.
LOL I have that problem too.
And im in a lose/lose stitution. Fawn fur and chocolate fur. Light and Dark. So no matter what I wear it shows up.
My last interview I went to I went to give my boxer a kiss before I left and he drooled on skirt. lol I didn't realize until I was in the interview, afterwards I called my mom and said, "Well if they hire me they will see plenty more drool on me in the future. Might as well get used to it now!!"

Old 05-29-2010, 06:07 PM

3,527 posts, read 5,483,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
And im in a lose/lose stitution. Fawn fur and chocolate fur. Light and Dark. So no matter what I wear it shows up.
My last interview I went to I went to give my boxer a kiss before I left and he drooled on skirt. lol I didn't realize until I was in the interview, afterwards I called my mom and said, "Well if they hire me they will see plenty more drool on me in the future. Might as well get used to it now!!"
I have a needlepoint pillow on my bed that a very dear friend made for me. It says "No outfit is complete without dog hair"

Old 05-29-2010, 07:00 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,029,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
No - my DH is a wonderful man and I couldn't (and wouldn't want to) imagine my life without him. I've invested way to many years in getting him trained to let him go now. On the other hand.....there are times when I think that my dogs understand me better than he does!
I agree with Va-Cat... Hubby & I been married many, many years. We have a solid, wonderful best friend relationship.
Life is just too short to be mad.
Our dogs are EVERYTHING to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nah...my boyfriend has never, to my knowledge, pooped on my floor. And I can cuddle with him without having to lint roll myself within an inch of my life. And I don't have to kennel him when I'm going to be out of town.
FUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
I have a needlepoint pillow on my bed that a very dear friend made for me. It says "No outfit is complete without dog hair"
I agree... Dog hair..Dog hair...everywhere.
We just call it FIBER in this home.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:32 PM

19,826 posts, read 10,789,332 times
No. A dog is a dog. I loved my dogs utterly and completely, but at no time did they enjoy parity with humans in my life. LOL Thats why my dogs are never allowed on the furniture or in my bedroom. Well the kitchin is off limits as well.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 PM

17,249 posts, read 14,101,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
Same. Willie is a catahoula-beagle mix, which in his case translates to the tri colors of a beagle with the merle effect of a catahoula, so all his hairs are either black, white, brown, or some combination thereof on a single strand. Shows on everything, light or dark. And it's coarse, and doesn't come off easily no matter what took is used.

Re: the actual question, I love my dog, but the humans in my life who are important to me come first. There are plenty of humans in my life who are less important to me, sure, and over whom I'd easily choose time with my dog, but of the people I love, including my boyfriend, my people come first.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM

7,648 posts, read 8,525,336 times
at my age .... and after 2 divorces..... i am past DONE with the s/o relationship.... got my 2 dogs, my 2 cats, my friends here in st. louis and around the country and i am GOOD TO GO......

it would take someone pretty SPECTACULAR to change my mind at this point and i am certainly NOT looking......

Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM

3,527 posts, read 5,483,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
at my age .... and after 2 divorces..... i am past DONE with the s/o relationship.... got my 2 dogs, my 2 cats, my friends here in st. louis and around the country and i am GOOD TO GO......

it would take someone pretty SPECTACULAR to change my mind at this point and i am certainly NOT looking......
LOL - look out LTTP - thats when it usually happens

Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 PM

205 posts, read 339,866 times
Default to love me is to love my dogs

Hubby and I have been together 28 years. HE swears sometimes I'd rather hang with my dogs than with him. That is not entirely true, I love him dearly. We both has so much invested in each other (I think me more than him. I was trained at birth, he on the other hand took many many years of work) that I could not imagine my life without him.

But there are days when he complains one too many times about a dog fart or a bit of hair that got on his clothes that I start to think "you know, the dogs don't complain about your farts or your toe nail clippings"... but alas I love my husband and he loves me. And we have had out and out fights about the animals. But yet, he's the one that brings me more dogs!!

Its funny - all three of my children are animal activists in their own sense. They all have rescued dogs, my oldest has two, the other two have one each. And they've converted their SO's to feel the same affection and passion for caring for their four legged charges. They all fuss at their father when he starts to complain about my dogs... they all point at his smoking and he pretty much stops complaining. lol

Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM

592 posts, read 891,313 times
My SO wins the competition, but it's a close call because.........

My dog agrees with everything I say. My husband, not so much.

My dog loves my cutesy baby talk. My husband, not so much.

My dog tolerates a short leash. My husband, not so much.

My dog follows me around adoringly all day long. My husband, not so much.

My dog loves to hear my mindless talking to myself and her. My husband, not so much.

My husband watches tv with her head on my shoulder every night. My husband, at his computer in another room.

My dog is contentedly lying two feet away from me at this very moment. My husband, don't know where he is! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs