U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:22 AM

4,334 posts, read 11,955,756 times

Advertisements

I am trying to adopt a pup from an animal control shelter in Birmingham, Al. and getting no where. Does anyone know about transport and how I can get the pup to me, or at least to the largest city near me? Please help! I want to get the pup out asap before he gets sick or they put him to sleep. Fingers crossed he can find his way to me!
Thanx

Meet Larry! He found me on Tues! What a doll. Does anyone know what breed he is a mix of?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 09:13 AM

16,241 posts, read 25,516,232 times
I love this little guy. I kept looking at his picture on your Facebook page and was aching for him to be home with you. He looks Lab-ish to me. Maybe some Pit? Definitely flippin' adorable.

Can someone help Blondie get Larry home to her?

LTTP: Do you know anyone who could do this transport?
Mrs1885: Do you know anyone who could do this transport?
Thursday007: I think you do transport, or know people, right?

Anyone? Please. Let's get Larry home to Blondie...

Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,555,448 times
Why would you adopt a dog from so far away when you can easily find one within an hour drive of you? Just curious, not a put down or anything.

Last edited by skel1977; 06-04-2010 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 AM

4,489 posts, read 9,310,969 times
Welcome to Operation Roger... Truckers Pet Transport

Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM

4,489 posts, read 9,310,969 times
Also, there are a lot of transport groups on yahoo. This is a really busy one:

Dog_Rescue_RailRoad : please ONLY TRANSPORT NO RESCUE POST

Generally if you're going to post the transport to a list serve, you need to break it into ~60 minute stretches, and come up with a schedule for hand offs and such. (You can view samples in the group). The problem here is how to get the dog out of the shelter. Someone's going to have to pay the adoption fee and sign off on him, which throws a wrench in it.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I love this little guy. I kept looking at his picture on your Facebook page and was aching for him to be home with you. He looks Lab-ish to me. Maybe some Pit? Definitely flippin' adorable.

Can someone help Blondie get Larry home to her?

LTTP: Do you know anyone who could do this transport?
Mrs1885: Do you know anyone who could do this transport?
Thursday007: I think you do transport, or know people, right?

Anyone? Please. Let's get Larry home to Blondie...
Thanx DanJ!
I am filling out an application for operationroger.org right now.
Yea, they list him as lab/mix, that is ok but want to make sure he is not a hound doe-gee!
I know 3 people that have them and they r impossible to house train!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,326,420 times
He's such a cutie...love that face!!! I don't know anything about transport, but I'm sending positive energy your way in hopes that it'll speed things along and he'll get to you ASAP...and I can't wait to see more pics!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM

9,291 posts, read 16,181,269 times
there are a BOATLOAD of transport coordiinators on yahoo groups.... groups and individuals.... the ones coming to mind for me at this particular moment are breed specific, but i know there are a lot who will do about any dog......

if blondie is or has a rescue, it is entirely possible that there will be no adoption fee from the shelter.... just gonna have to find someone who can pull him and get him on the transport......

good luck with that too-cute-for-words little fella.....

i just LOVE his smudgy nose.......

Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Why would you adopt a dog from so far away when you can easily find one within an hour drive of you? Just curious, not a put down or anything.
I do rescue online and was not looking for another dog. This little guy found me!
Besides, after doing rescue from a high kill shelter for many years, I cannot go into one anymore, see the begging faces and only leave with one!
It does not matter where the dog/pup comes from as long as there is a wonderful, loving home waiting for it when it gets there!

My last rescue came from just two blocks from my house, she was just standing in the middle of the road waiting for me!
My network has shelter dogs going all over the country!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Default More pics of Larry!

What mix are they?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or