Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:59 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,809,810 times

Advertisements

I figure if the poop stinks, it better at least look good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 05:00 PM

45 posts, read 95,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
OoomphaAhhs, the sudden change may give your dog a case of diarrhea... so you may have to transition him slowly by adding a little of the new food to the old food, and increasing the new food a little day to day. Let his poop be your guide.
Lmmfao! Okay I will more than likely mix the new with old...I was thinking about trying Avoderm it rate 4 stars...Let the poop be your guide...is HILARIOUS!!!! I wanted to know...What is the big issue with Diamond dog food? I use to give that to her...And then the store I use to get if from closed down!!! Would that not work for her??

Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,283,744 times
Diamond was behind the huge pet food recall in 2007. Their foods killed many pets. Diamond owns many, many brands, not just the one directly labeled Diamond. Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup brand, and Costco brands are all owned by Diamond.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:20 PM

Ooooh Okay!!! Well won't be getting that!!! Thanks!!! I think I am going to try the Avoderm!!!

Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,604 times
Hi There,

Both of my dogs sufferred chronic yeast infections for over 2 years. After which I'd spent over £2000 at the vets and the problem was destroying my dogs and my credit card. I eventually found help and through natural methods and a dramatic diet change (away from mass produced dog food) neither of my dogs have had a yeast infection for over 3 years. I regularly maintain an enviroment in their ears where yeast simply can't survive and they're food prevents unseen allergic reactions to quite frankly awful dog food. I wrote a book on what I did thats sold over 3000 copies worldwide. I don't want to appear a spammer so I won't leave a link here, however you can ask any questions direct to me at Moderator cut: email has web name, not allowed Warmest Regards,

Richard

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-13-2010 at 02:48 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,582,849 times
I agree with Richard above it is probably a yeast infection, That even happens with kids as my brother found out with his son.When Baby got an ear infection doctor gave antibiotics, cleared up breifly but came back with a vengence docor gave more antibiotics same thing happened then someone mentioned to my brother that it was a yeast infection as the first antibiotics wiped out the good flora ( bacteria) of his system so yeast moved in. They told him to give the baby acidophilus which they did and the ear infection went away and stayed away.

Vets and human doctors tend to over prescribe antibiotics and steroids and that can lead to even bigger problems down the road. My parents dog had skin issues and the vet put him on antibiotics and steroids any time they tried to wean him off his skin flared back up,this went on for several years then my mom got cancer and the stress of that put the poor dog over the edge as he developed lupus. The vets answer was increase the antibiotics and steroids! I thought wait a minute those have lead to a weakened immune system that lead to lupus which is an auto immune disease. I started spending alot of time at my parents to help my mom with her chemo so I switched the dog to a better diet, gave him lots Omega oils and started spraying a product called Real Willards water on his lupus lesions ( it is totally non toxic ) I also weaned him off the drugs and the results we saw were amazing his skin lesions healed and his coat came back very nice. The sad thing is all those years of steriods did cause problems with his legs and after about a year of his being lupus free his muscles were too weakened and he just could not get up and being a large dog was too much for my dad in his 80's to have to help up and pick up again if he fell which he did frequently so he had to be put to sleep.

Since all of that I have read a book by Martin Goldstein DVM who is a holistic vet on the east coast it is called The nature of Animal Healing. I recommed everyone read the book. He discusses vaccines too and how they are unnecessary in some cases and how we over vaccinate our animals then watch them die of things like cancer because of it.

Even before I read the book I went to a 3 year vaccine protocol . My vet is one that actually seems to care more about the pets then the money so now he does it and will do titers to extend the time for most of his clients unless the owners insist on yearly shots. He will also write a letter to excuse his cancer or weakned immune system patients from the rabies vaccine.

There is big money behind vaccines and drugs as you have no doubt learned so some vets/doctors continue to push both and will not change.

I hope you e-mailed Richard and see what he recommends Goldstein says you can do an ear wash of apple cider vinegar and water and it will kill the yeast. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup water. I myself would use reverse osmosis water as tap water has too much other crap in it. But do check with Richard and see what he is doing to treat it.

I would aslo switch to a better diet as diet is what builds the immune system so it is important that it be a healthy diet .

Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
That is why we use Zymox. It will treat yeast or bacteria.

It stops any development.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:15 PM

Thanks you guys....I will be emailing Richard...

Old 06-13-2010, 02:49 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoomphAhhs View Post
Thanks you guys....I will be emailing Richard...
Send him a Direct Message, his email address is advertising the web site.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:05 PM

476 posts, read 1,296,077 times
My two dogs also get chronic ear/yeast infections, and I think it is food related. I keep them on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice and I've seen a huge improvement with this. I also keep their ears clean and dry as much as possible. The vet told me about a prescription food but with two dogs Nutro is what I can afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs