Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times

Advertisements

Darcy was in several pounds before she ended up in our home. She is a hound mix. Darcy is the happiest dog that I have ever seen and no one can be unhappy or sick around her. If she thinks that you are upset or sick, then she cuddles up to you until you let her know that you are better. She is always making us laugh. No matter what we want to do, she wants to do it also. However, someone did teach her manners. She never begs for food and she doesn't sulk like our Simon did if she doesn't get to do something. I don't know who is more grateful: Darcy for getting a loving home or us for finding her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,865 times
My boy is a Doberman. They're nicknamed velcro dogs, and I guess that's what I love about him most. He will lean against my leg when I'm standing, he will plop next to me when I'm sitting, he will push his head into my hand, I always have to be in his line of sight. I love my little momma's boy!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
My boy is a Doberman. They're nicknamed velcro dogs, and I guess that's what I love about him most. He will lean against my leg when I'm standing, he will plop next to me when I'm sitting, he will push his head into my hand, I always have to be in his line of sight. I love my little momma's boy!
If my boxer can't see me he gets worried!!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,650 times
MAK, Porkchop is the cutest thing ever. What can I say, I love his grin!! No wonder people are hypnotized when they see him.

dogpaw, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Rita. She is adorable beyond words.

SXM, you guys were both lucky. I was always amazed at my rescues because even though they had been through so much they had such love and joy to share. God bless them all, including Darcy.

flkingfan, I hear you. My friend had 2 dobermans, one of them was an absolute velcro dog. He would push the other one all the time: "me,me,me,me,me, I want attention first!!!" the most adorable dog ever. He had a favorite bone he would bring every time I saw him as if he were saying "look, look, do you want to share my bone?!" Oh Jesus, I just love that dog!!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:49 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times
I've got a zoo and we just don't have the cyber room for me to list everyone. But 'my' dog is Munchi, a long haired chihuahua that I pulled from a shelter. I went to pull dogs to take on a mass transport up north. She'd come in as a stray a few days before, but unlike all the other dogs there, she ran to the front of her kennel, tail and butt all wiggle, just happy. It's not often you see a dog happy in a shelter. She's freaking adorable too, so she really grabbed my attention. I thought 'man, I could find her a home soooo easy!'. I asked the shelter director about her and she said a lady took an application home for her but if I was interested I could take her. I said no, if she might have a home already I didn't want to ruin that. So I loaded up the dogs and off to Chicago I went.

On they way back the next day I called and talked to the shelter director, let her know I'd be back well after closing with her kennels. She asked if I was still interested in the little chi. I asked what happened with the lady that applied and she said she had a horrible application and wouldn't let her adopt a goldfish cracker. I jumped at the chance to adopt her and hubby was .

We picked her up that night and I honest to God had every intention when we left of putting her up for adoption. But on that 5 hour drive home that night I fell sooooo in love! Don't get me wrong, with hundreds of dogs that have crossed my door, I've fallen in love. But I've never fallen like this. By the time I got home I knew this was my heart dog.

Since then she's definitely become mommy's baby. And not only is she my little love bug, but she helped saved 3 little orphaned kitties whose mommy died having them, taking them in as if they were her babies and nursing them. After 4 weeks she even started producing milk for them.

She's just an incredibly loving, affectionate, outgoing little girl. I've never loved a dog like this one!

Chihuahua acts as surrogate mother to kittens - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather, and Sports |

Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
If my boxer can't see me he gets worried!!!!
If I go to the bathroom and close the door before he gets a chance to come in with me, all I hear is sniffing and paws coming in under the door! Such a drama queen, you'd think he was abandoned at one point in his life!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM

418 posts, read 1,382,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
If I go to the bathroom and close the door before he gets a chance to come in with me, all I hear is sniffing and paws coming in under the door! Such a drama queen, you'd think he was abandoned at one point in his life!
OMG that is Charlie!!! When I go to the bathroom he sits with his head in my lap!! If I walk out to my car he is right behind me. Once I tripped over him and twisted my ankle!!!
I always say he is my boxer shaped shadow!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I've stuck to three breeds in the past 40+ years. Here's my breakdown of why I prefer them:

Doberman: Absolutely loyal, extremely intelligent, sweet natured velcro dogs. For protection situations, they carry the same intimidation factor as that of the sound of a pump shotgun racking a round into the chamber. Also very low maintenance, except for the spayed females (who tend to develop a leaky bladder).

Labs: What's not to love about a Lab?

Pittys: Low maintenance coats. Quiet. Sweet-natured and kid-loving. Friendly to strangers, which is a positive trait to have when one has renters coming to the door. I can't have the liability risk of a dog that might bite someone who is coming to my door to pay their rent. Everybody is Nanners' friend. Except cats.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Edison, my 1 year old mini schnauzer is adorable and truly has my heart along with my hubby. Our 3 unit clan is awesome, it's very easy to see what he's feeling at any moment, whether he's happy, concentrating on chewing a toy or taking a nap! I could see now what people say about schnauzers "talking" rooorroooo-roooo! to learning commands very easily. Those are the two traits I love about the schnauzer! Before our Edison, I saw schnauzers as a serious dog who was very royal, proper but now I see that they have playful personalities and can be quite mischievous!
Attached Thumbnails
What breed is your dog and what do you love about it?!-picture-009.jpg  

Old 06-06-2010, 08:46 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
i will admit that i didn't (and probably still don't) know much about dobermans.... but i pulled one from a shelter 300 miles from here yesterday and brought her back up to the dobie rescue here.....

fell head over heels in love with her.... what a sweet and gentle girl she is.... and she has had obedience training..... perfect car and leash manners.... she actually stood up in the back seat and laid her chin on my shoulder while i was driving a couple of times..... she was found running loose on some back country road and had been in the municipal shelter for about 3 weeks.... i think she was just REALLY happy to be out of that environment...... i'm guessing that she is just yet another casualty of the economy...... if i didn't already have a houseful of furfaces, she would have come home with me in a MINUTE.......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs