Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM

418 posts, read 1,381,745 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear about it if you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 03:45 PM

If you don't would you go to one?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:51 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
No need for it here in San Diego. Even our doggie daycares have outdoor facilities because the weather is awesome here year-round. If they did build one, I wouldn't go to it because we moved here so that we can enjoy the outdoors all year long. Living in an apt, they barely get outdoor time as is. So a nightly trip to the dog park is a must!

I know several cities in TX have opened them, and they are quite popular there given the weather, but I cannot see one being successful in San Diego, given that there is a dog park every 2 miles it seems as well as several dog beaches that we utilize year-round! I do think they're an awesome idea for very hot or very cold locations!

ETA: Dallas had one. It appears it wasn't popular at all, so they went out of business.

http://unleasheddogparks.com/

Old 06-06-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
No need for it here in San Diego. Even our doggie daycares have outdoor facilities because the weather is awesome here year-round. If they did build one, I wouldn't go to it because we moved here so that we can enjoy the outdoors all year long. Living in an apt, they barely get outdoor time as is. So a nightly trip to the dog park is a must!

I know several cities in TX have opened them, and they are quite popular there given the weather, but I cannot see one being successful in San Diego, given that there is a dog park every 2 miles it seems as well as several dog beaches that we utilize year-round! I do think they're an awesome idea for very hot or very cold locations!

ETA: Dallas had one. It appears it wasn't popular at all, so they went out of business.

Unleashed Indoor Dog Parks
I live in the midwest so I think it would do well. Lots of rain in the spring, cold in the winter and deadly heat in the summer.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
What MAK posted about Unleashed, that park is actually just a few exits up the freeway from me, however, I don't like that they keep a CC # on file so I haven't been yet.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Unleashed is looking for new locations. I know the biggest media issue was that they banned certain breeds, and that's never good for publicity. They received a lot of negativity for that, though they claimed it was for insurance reasons. You should petition them to open near you!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
You should petition them to open near you!
No, I actually have other plans in works. More ideas keep em coming! If you have one or HAD one what suggestions would you make to the owner?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM

Don't discriminate based on breed, but rather temperament. My dog's daycare does a temperament test prior to accepting dogs. All breeds are accepted, and they have turned away a Boston terrier last week because it was that aggressive! I thought that was so cool, because normally they have a list of breeds that are banned, despite what the temperament is! Punish the deed, not the breed.

Also, mine has doggie cams, where I can watch all the action on my computer! That is by far one of the best features of this daycare, though I stalk quite often whenever he's there!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Don't discriminate based on breed, but rather temperament. My dog's daycare does a temperament test prior to accepting dogs. All breeds are accepted, and they have turned away a Boston terrier last week because it was that aggressive! I thought that was so cool, because normally they have a list of breeds that are banned, despite what the temperament is! Punish the deed, not the breed.

Also, mine has doggie cams, where I can watch all the action on my computer! That is by far one of the best features of this daycare, though I stalk quite often whenever he's there!
Good ideas but a question about the breeds. What if it is located in a city that has the breed banned? I believe I would have to comply with the cities restrictions, no?

And I love the doggie cam!! You know if I had my dogs in day care I would be stalking them!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 04:24 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:

Yea exactly! Bella is a Lab mix, but you can tell she has Rottie in her, it's obvious with her markings, so I'm not even sure she'd be let into Unleashed. Buster on the other hand being pug/schnauzer you'd think he'd be all lovable, but he likes to nibble and hang onto other dogs faces and jowls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs