Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:13 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times

Advertisements

Someone told me that they are made in China, then someone else said they are made in the USA,
Milo's jerky is the Purina brand made in China...tried to look it up, found various answers, it says
on the bag they are from Missouri, but then read somewhere the ingredients came from China.
I don't intend to buy any more but I do have a package left. Any opinions? ....Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 04:24 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Because you are asking...I will say that I personally would not give my dog Beggin Strips, no matter where they are made. IMO, too many of our pet food & treats come from China (a good deal of our food, too). I do not trust the giant corporations to use quality ingredients in the food or treats.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:54 PM

429 posts, read 971,247 times
I believe they are made in china but ditributed thru a US company in the US. So the bag is able to say distributed in xxxxcity,XXstate. I believe somewhere it has to still say made in or produce or manufactured in china in very tiny print. Its a sneaky way companies have found to get around saying made in china in huge print. I could be mistaken and thinking of a different treat. But i also agree the the preious comment made regardless i wouldnt feed it to my dog.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
Thank you for your input....wouldn't you know it's one of the very few treats my dog likes..in fact
only those and Alpo snaps...he loves our food of course..I'm trying Blue Buffalo for him now.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:00 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Would you ever consider trying something like plain chicken, carrot slices, blueberries, etc? Unadulterated whole foods can be nutritious snacks and many dogs love them. My little foster dog is on a very limited diet but can have egg white which is her special treat when I leave in the morning and just before bed. She gets just about 1/10th of an egg white at a time which I cut into tiny pieces and it thrills her, lol.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:15 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Someone told me that they are made in China, then someone else said they are made in the USA,
Milo's jerky is the Purina brand made in China...tried to look it up, found various answers, it says
on the bag they are from Missouri, but then read somewhere the ingredients came from China.
I don't intend to buy any more but I do have a package left. Any opinions? ....Thanks.

Have you looked up the ingredients.
They have BHA which is a known cancer causing agent.

Please look up what you are giving your dog.
They are pure junk. Though touted by the company as so very wonderful..

Old 10-20-2013, 02:39 AM

429 posts, read 971,247 times
Perphaps try the dehydrated chicken or beef live the sell in the treat section those are ones that Ive never seen any dog resist.

Also i use the natural balance food rolls as a treat. I just slice them and cut into pieces. I think i end up getting alot more for my money doing this as well. Dog Food Roll Formulas - Natural Balance Pet Foods

Old 10-20-2013, 04:04 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,214,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Because you are asking...I will say that I personally would not give my dog Beggin Strips, no matter where they are made. IMO, too many of our pet food & treats come from China (a good deal of our food, too). I do not trust the giant corporations to use quality ingredients in the food or treats.
I agree. It's all food coloring, corn syrup, starch and artificial colors and flavors.

If they must eat some treat like that, but them beef jerky made for humans...assuming you can even find any with no corn syrup in it.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
The Dyes in them cause Kidney Failure..

Cook REAL Bacon give them to him as a treat once in awhile!

Old 10-20-2013, 11:14 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
CHINA..the product is put together in china, but bagged in the usa, thus being able to lable it a USA based product.
its also junk, loo up how to make your own jerky treats online, its super easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs