U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,417,055 times

Advertisements

PC is very, very special. Whenever I get store catalogs in the mail and they have those cologne sample swatches, he just has to sniff them. It's the strangest thing but the second I pull it out, he knows what it is and will stand there until I let him sniff.

He also has a thing surfboards. We were at the beach this past weekend, and a surfer was coming in, dragging the board next to him in the water. PC ran up to him and jumped on the board! The guy was really cool though, and actually took him out and let him ride a few waves. I only took him surfing a few times, but I guess I need to go more often!

Whenever he gets a treat, no matter what it is, he has to eat it on top of something. He'll either run to his bed or find a stuffed toy and put the treat on that. He will never eat it off the floor, or any hard surface.

And finally, he won't eat any types of grains. Whenever he has diarrhea and we are advised to give him rice/oatmeal/etc., he refuses. He just does not like rice it. No matter how well we mix it, he will put a mouthful of the rice in his mouth, and dump it next to his bowl to get to the chicken. He loves avocado rolls and gets a piece or two a month. He will take the tiny roll apart, just to get to the inside, leaving all the rice behind. I really don't understand where this hatred for rice comes from, but he's been on a grain-free diet since 8 weeks of age, so that might have something to do with it!

What are your dog's quirks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 04:12 PM

16,676 posts, read 26,757,695 times
There's not enough bandwidth or disk space on the City Data server for me to list all of Artie's quirks.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,180,080 times
My dogs would, in no particular order:

1. when they hear a treat bag noise, stand up on 2 paws and do the "happy dance";
2. when getting a treat, take it to their favorite mat (even if it is far away) and eat it there only;
3. roll over any piece of clean laundry, the cleaner it is the more they roll, whenever they have the chance;
4. dream a lot. And quite frequently bark while dreaming;
5. follow me when I go to the kitchen to drink water or to the bathroom in the middle of the night and, if they are very sleepy, forget it is me (the old ones would not have much sense of smell) and start puffing. Then I have to go "hey, it is mama, go back to sleep!"

Last edited by Miaiam; 06-08-2010 at 04:23 PM..

Old 06-08-2010, 04:19 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,417,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
There's not enough bandwidth or disk space on the City Data server for me to list all of Artie's quirks.
Oh come on, that's no fun! Surely, you can post at least one! Doesn't have to be poop related!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM

16,676 posts, read 26,757,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Oh come on, that's no fun! Surely, you can post at least one! Doesn't have to be poop related!
Do you want me to fire myself? Do you???

PS. I'm thinking of bronzing one of Artie's poops? Waddaya think?

Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,875,332 times
As a baby Buster would burry his treats in his bed, the couch, a blanket, whatever he could find. Now since we got Bella he knows to eat them with a quickness or she'll get seconds. He also likes my underwear

Bella sits like a human on her butt. She will sit on the couch like that and place her paws on the arm of the couch like she is resting her arms. She cries when daddy comes home from work and isn't paying her attention.

They both move pillows or blankets around whether its the pillow in their doggie bed or blankets on my bed or couch to make themselves comfortable and won't stop until they're satisfied.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 PM

2,375 posts, read 5,371,036 times
Now that Pandora is wearing a doughnut coller to keep her from licking the stitches on her leg, my other dog Serena, who has a maternal instinct that is in overdrive even though she's never had pups, is licking Pandora's stitches for her. I think I'm going crazy!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 PM

9,355 posts, read 16,842,014 times
bailey used to have a million of 'em ..... now it is mostly just that she will NOT eat or drink anything out of a metal bowl or plate..... i could put a filet mignon in a metal bowl and she wouldn't touch it ..... she is also still afraid of the trash can in the kitchen..... that one i could NEVER figure out.....

dave buries his bones in the sofa...... but first he will carry it all over the house and yard, whining, looking for the PERFECT spot and worried that one of us will see where he buries it..... he also rearranges the pillows on the sofa and the covers on my bed to suit his sense of comfort......

Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,401,612 times
The one I would LOVE to get on video someday is this.......

When we go though a automated car wash, at the end both Bear and Angel shake off as if THEY were wet.

Every time.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM

110 posts, read 281,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
but first he will carry it all over the house and yard, whining, looking for the PERFECT spot and worried that one of us will see where he buries it..
haha! my dog does the same thing. I am close to the point of no longer giving him treats because it seems to cause him such distress.

He also looooves to snifff my butt. He will do it repeatedly- all day if I let him. I think my basic smell does not change every 5 minutes so I dont get that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs