Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 PM

6 posts, read 12,688 times

Advertisements

could anyone tell me more about grand rapids ? because i might be moving there next year. i came to visit grand rapids last summer and i loved it... i'm planning to open a small shop there.

could anyone tell me how's the economy in grand rapids ?

i look in the city data, the population increase 40% .... why people move to grand rapids ?

is the town expanding more in the future ? more companies and business coming in the future ?

is grand rapids a rich town ?

i know there are lots of tourists in the summer because of lakes and resort.. besides that, do they come to town for shopping and eat ? average, how many tourists come to grand rapids in the summer ? and where those tourists come from ?

please tell me as much as info about GR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 05:03 PM

Anyone please help ?

Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,598,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbang View Post
could anyone tell me more about grand rapids ? because i might be moving there next year. i came to visit grand rapids last summer and i loved it... i'm planning to open a small shop there.

could anyone tell me how's the economy in grand rapids ?

i look in the city data, the population increase 40% .... why people move to grand rapids ?

is the town expanding more in the future ? more companies and business coming in the future ?

is grand rapids a rich town ?

i know there are lots of tourists in the summer because of lakes and resort.. besides that, do they come to town for shopping and eat ? average, how many tourists come to grand rapids in the summer ? and where those tourists come from ?

please tell me as much as info about GR.
Alot of plates I notice in the summer are from both the Dakotas and Iowa.

There are alot of tourists. Alot. The whole region up there is a magnet, easy to see why... What type of shop you thinking of opening? That may help get more replies.

http://www.mnhs.org/places/sites/fhc/camps.html

Last edited by demtion35; 11-09-2012 at 06:15 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM

i'm planning to open a nail spa... and also selling accessories

Last edited by Hbang; 11-10-2012 at 12:16 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 05:25 PM

434 posts, read 552,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbang View Post
i'm planning to open a nail spa... and also selling accessories

You might want to do a little research first. This isn't Hollywood, or even the rich suburbs or Minneapolis. Unless you're doing the nails of someone's hunting dog.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Dr.drew... i assume you are a man... i guess you dont know much about beauty.... my business is not something that fancy... hollywood isn't necessary for my business. and yes, i already did the research, thank you for reminding me that.... i currently owned a shop in alexandria and another one in bemidji... i wanted to expand my business.... grand rapids is where i think of right now.... i just wanted to get to know more about this city before i make the decision... thank you for taking your time replying my thread... please bring yourself and your dog to my shop, i will always welcome both of you

Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM

434 posts, read 552,148 times
It's not such a bad little town. I hope your business does well. I didn't mean to come off as mean or condascending. You know more about your business than I do.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
As of the census in 2000
There are already 14, beauty parlors ie nail salons in GR with a population of 7,764 people, The median income for a household in the city was $28,991, and the median income for a family was $39,468. Males had a median income of $36,035 versus $20,759 for females.

It could be a tough start.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM

6 posts, read 7,348 times
Hi,...Iam.trying to move to Minnesota,....
Where are the safest places,and good job nd education?
What.cities are safe
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth