Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,600,736 times

Advertisements

Looks like Herberts and Gerberts attached to the new NAPA store out on Grand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 01:11 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,738 times
Erberts and Gerberts closes is current location on the 11th and will open in their new location on the 21st of January.

And I did notice those chairs were gone! Looks like they vanished due to the Nook display area expanding and the store having to be reconfigured a little due to that and the expanded kids toys and games section.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Erberts and Gerberts closes is current location on the 11th and will open in their new location on the 21st of January.

And I did notice those chairs were gone! Looks like they vanished due to the Nook display area expanding and the store having to be reconfigured a little due to that and the expanded kids toys and games section.
I asked the lady at the cafe and she said she didn't think any Barnes & Nobles had them any more. She confirmed what I thought. The Duluth one was actually probably one of the last ones to have them. That's what I call losing an ideal, truly American experience.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 PM

129 posts, read 248,660 times
Just a note on the K-mart space. I have talked to the manager of Savers and they are the smallest savers in their company and one of the highest grossing sales store in the company. I know they would like to expand. Maybe they could take some of K-marts space? Also, I have heard that Best Buy is looking to start building with in the next year. They don't want to stay in the current space and their lease is up soon. Where could they build?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:44 AM

432 posts, read 1,120,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro161 View Post
Just a note on the K-mart space. I have talked to the manager of Savers and they are the smallest savers in their company and one of the highest grossing sales store in the company. I know they would like to expand. Maybe they could take some of K-marts space? Also, I have heard that Best Buy is looking to start building with in the next year. They don't want to stay in the current space and their lease is up soon. Where could they build?
I hope Savers does not expand there, thrift stores do not do much to improve their properties. That entire building should be demolished and replaced with a new development. Savers ought to locate somewhere west, the mall area really needs more middle to upper end stores. The last I heard was that Best Buy was planning on building a new store in a planned development by Sam's Club. That was earlier last year.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:41 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,738 times
Not quite sure if Saver's would have the opportunity to expand next door. I know they are marketing the space as one 88,000 square foot space. If they were to split that, structural changes would have to occur and it would be quite a costly endeavor for Saver's in the end. I am just hoping that Saver's moves somewhere else.

I haven't heard much lately about the large development planned next to Sam's Club. I have seen the site plan though and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Best Buy did move there being there are so many big box spaces being marketed. I know the developer was going after Target though to try to get them to build a Super Target there. It would be perfect for the site.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Not quite sure if Saver's would have the opportunity to expand next door. I know they are marketing the space as one 88,000 square foot space. If they were to split that, structural changes would have to occur and it would be quite a costly endeavor for Saver's in the end. I am just hoping that Saver's moves somewhere else.

I haven't heard much lately about the large development planned next to Sam's Club. I have seen the site plan though and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Best Buy did move there being there are so many big box spaces being marketed. I know the developer was going after Target though to try to get them to build a Super Target there. It would be perfect for the site.
I wish that entire building would be torn down, I wonder who is marketing it. The Sam's Club development and Greendale development should have been built long ago. Stone ridge was the last large shopping center built in Duluth and that was 1993-94-the environmentalist wackos delayed that one, too-it was originally supposed to be built in 1988-89!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:40 AM

Mr.Movies is closing at the Plaza and SuperOne will expand in it's place. Jimmy John's will take over the coffee shop space and Great Harvest may renovate it's store. Big changes at the Plaza-I wonder what will take up Walgreen's old space?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:35 PM

243 posts, read 594,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
Mr.Movies is closing at the Plaza and SuperOne will expand in it's place. Jimmy John's will take over the coffee shop space and Great Harvest may renovate it's store. Big changes at the Plaza-I wonder what will take up Walgreen's old space?
Oh man, I would love for Trader Joe's to take up the old Walgreen's space. I had heard the rumor at one point, even from someone that worked at Walgreen's. I saw this quote on the "Bring Trader Joes to Duluth, MN" facebook group but not sure how substantiated it is: "rumor has it...there are some new stores coming to Duluth and one of the rumors is a Trader Joe's".

PLEASE be true! I think a Trader Joe's would be great in that space, with a new Walgreen's, a new CVS, updated Plaza and a Trader Joe's.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 5,429 times
During a recent trip to Costco in MPLS I asked a manager if he had heard anything of a Costco coming to Duluth. He said he had just found out Costco has purchased land in Duluth and they plan to build a store, but he doesn't know where or when. Has anyone heard anything more on Costco coming to Duluth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth