Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 07:24 AM

781 posts, read 2,628,773 times

Advertisements

That is where the Canal Park Brewing Co will go: What Canal Park Brewing Co. will look like | Perfect Duluth Day | Duluth MN Blog, Events, News and More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM

243 posts, read 594,661 times
Say, I saw a job posting for a store manager for "Corner Bakery Cafe" in Duluth today: Corner Bakery Cafe

I don't see anything on their site, but it sounds like a restaurant very similar to Panera, if the listing is accurate. I saw the listing on Craigslist, but can't find anything to corroborate the listing anywhere. Anyone heard if we might be getting one of these restaurants?

Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 AM

432 posts, read 1,120,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtrips View Post
Say, I saw a job posting for a store manager for "Corner Bakery Cafe" in Duluth today: Corner Bakery Cafe

I don't see anything on their site, but it sounds like a restaurant very similar to Panera, if the listing is accurate. I saw the listing on Craigslist, but can't find anything to corroborate the listing anywhere. Anyone heard if we might be getting one of these restaurants?
I wonder if it's Duluth, MN or Georgia? There is no Minnesota locations on their site, but there is some in Atlanta and Duluth, Georgia is a suburb of Atlanta. Looks like a neat place, but I'd rather see Panera come to the duluth area instead.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 AM

432 posts, read 1,120,667 times
I'm wondering how Timber Lodge does up there? They've closed a lot of them in the Cities in recent years and I'm wondering if Texas roadhouse and Outback has affected TL? Also, is Tycoon's any good? It certainly looks like a neat place and I'd like to go there when I come up next.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 AM

120 posts, read 265,221 times
Default Woodland & Saint Marie (kitty corner from Dominos)

I noticed, while in Duluth, two stores (the gas station across from the bank and the Video Vision) are gone. It's kind of a haphazard scrap of land, so I don't really know what's going to go in there, but the proximity to UMD, someone mentioned the possibility of a Jimmy John's or a Dunkin Donuts? That seems odd with Bixby's being right there.

I'd love to see Anytime Fitness or a Planet Fitness there...Curves could come down and be incorporated in the new building, the current Curves building looks old and would better serve the Woodland area if there were a multi-use fitness facility that everyone could enjoy.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM

99 posts, read 214,566 times
That would make less sense to me than a donut shop. Don't the kids get a good deal on the weight room and gym on campus, which would be far better than either of those places? Though I do recognize there are lots of non-students in the area that would probably frequent a fitness place like that.

I don't think I Dunkin' Donuts would have any problem, perhaps we love the embrace the "local" place, but I've never had a worse service experience in my life than when I went into Bixby's...just a few college girls who couldn't give a DAMN about the customers, to the point of completely ignoring a few of us to the point of my wife asking me if we should just walk out. Maybe it was just a bad staff at the time or a bad night, but I sure wouldn't hesitate to visit a different shop like that if it was right in the area, and if many others have been treated the way we were at Bixby's, a Dunkin Donut should would fit just fine.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:26 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,738 times
The Corner Stone Bakery job posting was spam. They will not be opening a location in Duluth.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:15 PM

243 posts, read 594,661 times
I know it's not Duluth, but Lowe's is coming to Superior. They will be located between Menard's and Walmart, where the mobile home park is located. They first looked at Duluth, but were not able to find suitable property. Construction is expected to begin within 6 months. Also, the Miner's Superstore is still planned for East Superior.

Last edited by bbtrips; 02-13-2012 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,451,738 times
Lowe's is still expanding? I thought they were closing instead of expanding.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 AM

120 posts, read 265,221 times
Twins, yes, I'm betting it will be a Dunkin Donuts. I haven't seen one in Duluth (in areas like Chicago, there's more Dunkin Donuts than Starbucks) and I think there's already a Jimmy John's near the Walgreens/Plaza. I asked about a Bruegger's Bagels; I was told they wouldn't 'just open one' as they'd have to come into the Duluth market and open six or so to make anything out of it. It'll be interesting to see what happens in my hometown neighbourhood (I grew up near Vermilion & Hawthorne) when Woodland School closes...how have things been with the transition to the new East HS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth