Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:37 PM

2,104 posts, read 4,579,451 times

Advertisements

will be featured on a television show, that features best light displays, however cannot recall the name.

Also, Bentleyville is named best light show so far, we attend almost every year, we always take the old time old fashioned train ride there. It is really awesome

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel...s-duluth-minn/

Hot coco, smores, campfires, cookies, about the place and coffee. Each year they get a lot of food to help out the local food shelf, in the area. It is all about hanging out under the lights, best that I have seen. Waiting in the cold, last year for example, we had our hand warmers along. The train ride is the best of all. The train will bring us there, and back to Fitgers, and several other stops further up as well.

Duluth lighting display to appear on holiday reality show | Duluth News Tribune

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 PM

3,815 posts, read 6,411,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
will be featured on a television show, that features best light displays, however cannot recall the name.

Also, Bentleyville is named best light show so far, we attend almost every year, we always take the old time old fashioned train ride there. It is really awesome

https://www.10best.com/awards/travel...s-duluth-minn/

Hot coco, smores, campfires, cookies, about the place and coffee. Each year they get a lot of food to help out the local food shelf, in the area. It is all about hanging out under the lights, best that I have seen. Waiting in the cold, last year for example, we had our hand warmers along. The train ride is the best of all. The train will bring us there, and back to Fitgers, and several other stops further up as well.

Duluth lighting display to appear on holiday reality show | Duluth News Tribune

We were planning on doing Bentleyville this Saturday. We have a special needs child in a wheelchair. Do you happen to know if it's wheelchair accessible? Stairs, drop-offs, etc.? What are the waits and lines like?
Looking forward to going.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:15 AM

2,104 posts, read 4,579,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
We were planning on doing Bentleyville this Saturday. We have a special needs child in a wheelchair. Do you happen to know if it's wheelchair accessible? Stairs, drop-offs, etc.? What are the waits and lines like?
Looking forward to going.
Starting with the event, there are no stairs that I know of, and the lines, there are not really any lines at all, just mostly at the main entrance which is really wide, the people just seem to flow through it, however at some of the stands where there is coco and such, there will or may be some waiting to get up to the window for service, but it should be really easy to navigate through as there is pavement all over, and the walkways are all smooth, and there are no hills there either. I do not think you would have any problems though.
Depending on the time of your arrival. The most crowds will be at the main gate type area, but it flows through there really fast and smooth. It should be fine, you may want to check on parking from the event though. Hope you have fun,

Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 AM

Thanks much. We're going to hit Ely for the Boathouse Brewpub (Walleye Sandwich!) and either the Wolf or Bear Center, then plan to be at Bentleyville at sunset. We love Duluth.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:03 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,026,997 times
Family went to Bentleyville last night. It is such a gem and a bargain for what it is. $5 parking to see something that could command a $20 entrance fee.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:41 AM

People at work are telling me not to go on a Saturday because of the massive crowds, but it's the only night we can do it as a family. Just gonna try to be there when they open and make the best of it. Supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow as well to add to the atmosphere. The pictures I've seen online look amazing. Where is the parking for this? Is it near the parking lot for Canal Park?

Old 11-30-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
People at work are telling me not to go on a Saturday because of the massive crowds, but it's the only night we can do it as a family. Just gonna try to be there when they open and make the best of it. Supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow as well to add to the atmosphere. The pictures I've seen online look amazing. Where is the parking for this? Is it near the parking lot for Canal Park?
If you can tolerate the walk, park in the free canal park parking lots and suck up the walk. The line of cars for Bayfront parking is annoying. I would skip it entirely. I would have skipped it if the wife and kid could tolerate walking more.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
If you can tolerate the walk, park in the free canal park parking lots and suck up the walk. The line of cars for Bayfront parking is annoying. I would skip it entirely. I would have skipped it if the wife and kid could tolerate walking more.
Gotcha. Problem is we have a wheelchair to push. How far is it from Canal Park to Bentleyville? Are we talking a few hundred yards or a mile plus?

Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Gotcha. Problem is we have a wheelchair to push. How far is it from Canal Park to Bentleyville? Are we talking a few hundred yards or a mile plus?
The Googles says 0.6 miles walk. I suggest ponying up the cash ($5) to park if you have a wheelchair to push.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnicker3 View Post
The Googles says 0.6 miles walk. I suggest ponying up the cash ($5) to park if you have a wheelchair to push.

Yes, sounds like we'll be headed to the pay lot.

Now there's a gale warning out for Duluth starting at 3 p.m. tomorrow. I know Canal Park was closed a few weeks back because it flooded when the weather got rough.........could the area where the lights are flood or do they ever shut it down because of the weather?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth