Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And our biggest mistake was giving birth to a bunch of ungrateful kids
You didn't make enough, hence why SS and Medi will collapse soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 10:01 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanman72 View Post
Thanks for ****ty, second rate country we'll inherit! You did an amazing job managing & squandering the most prosperous time America has ever experienced, and in the process stealing from future generations
Most of the people in this category came from parents who survived the depression. They brought about many innovations and made strides to make life more comfortable. They worked hard and saved much. They also became somewhat selfish and arrogant. The best thing the new generation can do is take the ball and see what they make out of their own time of economic leadership.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Ah yes, UE benefits. The simple solution would be to eliminate them. That way, despite the fact there are 6 workers for every job opening, each job opening would automatically provide work for 6 people?
If you are indeed unemployed, and you have lots of spare time, get involved with implementing a liberalized right-to-die provision in your state, like they've achieved in Oregon, Washington and Montana. That way, you could eliminate some of us over 50's and we'd be ever grateful for the energy and time you expended, and in turn, help save Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security, help reduce our Federal debt.

I work in a long-term care facility, and if I were one of these elderly patients hooked-up to tubes, partially paralyzed, unable or too late to sign a Health Care Directive, impossible for me to kill myself and put myself out of my own misery, I'd be grateful for your efforts, as others would.

The fact that a liberalized, national, right-to-die provision wasn't included in Obmacare tells story after story.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
there is a simple answer to all this: convert retirees into soylent green. sorry grampa!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:28 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Quote:
Thanks for ****ty, second rate country we'll inherit! You did an amazing job managing & squandering the most prosperous time America has ever experienced, and in the process stealing from future generations
Actually to be accurate, you need to thank everyone over 30 because the country was actually in pretty good shape up until about the year 2000. After that people seamed to either be too distracted or too stupid to pay attention to what the government was doing. Even now with as screwed up as everything is, you would have a hard time finding 1 in 1000 people who would get off their lazy butts and write their representatives. At least in the 60's the young people stood up and got their heads busted protesting the war, and fighting for civil rights. What are the young people today doing? Nothing, except whining. Maybe you are getting what you have earned.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
What a pitiful "victim mentality", this thread's concept represents. "Whoa is me, things will never be as good for me as others have had it". Already setting up expectations for your own personal failures? Maybe you can all start a "Whine" business with all the sour grapes you are sowing!

Every generation has had their burdens and challenges. Many far worse than the (perceived?) ones being faced by current generations! Yet, these guys have already laid down their weapons like the French military before the battle has even begun. No surprise there, from people who have been conditioned to expect immediate gratification.

Sounds to me like some of you are setting up a scenario wherein you can lay off all responsibility for your future lack of success! Good luck with that. There will be many success stories yet to come. Those of you who have already decided to set up scapegoats for your future failures will likely not be one of them.

In the meantime, I'll be enjoying my fine home, vast savings, full pension and Social Security benefits. I might use the social security money to light my cigars! If there is any left over you can use it to dab your tears away!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,051,765 times
Quote:
fanman you need the crap slapped out of you by an real Ameican

busta

Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Quote:

What happened? Did you discover that you're going to have to work for a living to support yourself?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
All I can really say is...you're welcome!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:56 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics