Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If there is a lawyer out there that would do a pro bono class action suit against BOA would you join
Yes, I would 100%! BOA took our tax payer dollars, then changed terms to benefit their company. 2 100.00%
No way, I am satisfied and happy with them. 0 0%
Maybe, but I would need to think about it more... 0 0%
Yes, there was no excuse for what they did and how they treated their customers, especially good paying ones! 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:58 PM

4 posts, read 10,630 times

Advertisements

Well great news to all of you who were able to get the interest rate increase reversed, but beware because they have something else up their sleeves:
Well here is my story with my gold option LOC... not only did they close my acct about a year ago, (which was fine because I only was paying it off, not charging more, actually I didn't have a way to charge so I don't know why it was called a LOC) Well last week I guess they found a new way to get us..I received a new bill and my payment went up, yet my interest rate was the same. So I called and they told me due to the economy, they are changing the terms of the note to be paid off in three years instead of eight years. So although I have paid faithfully for the past two years, my loan is now shortened to three years and forced my payment to go up. I am struggling to make the one I have due to the economy and lack of work for our business and now this. I made this loan over the phone and was told this rate and term would remain the same. I never signed anything before receiving the funds. I have over a 760 beacon but they gave me a 14.99% interest rate because I am self employed, I was told I could have a review in 6 months and when I called back they said they couldn't lower it. I have paid over $11,000 in two years in interest because of this high rate and they get that before applying to principle. I borrowed $25,000 for medical bills, I still owe $22,000 two years later. I am not sure what to do, but I need something to be done. I also have a LOC through my company that they also cut off, we never paid late, they just said they weren't doing LOC's anymore. Now we are just paying interest and minimal to principle due to the same scenario. I think when "they" close your acct they should lower the interest rate to help you pay it off sooner. It was "Our taxpayer dollars" that not only saved them but paid bonus's to all their big wigs. What is wrong with this picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics